Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   75o BB, Hand Quiz - 4/8 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534119)

Scarmiglio 10-29-2007 07:37 PM

75o BB, Hand Quiz - 4/8

Here's my last hand from this weekend. I thought I'd pose this as a quiz.

75o in Big Blind. Villain is part calling station, part LAG. Has raised pocket dueces preflop and also calls preflop with any 2 suited cards even against a raise or 3-bet.

Hand - 5 callers, Hero checks 75o in the BB. Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero bets and get 3 callers.

(5bb) Turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - Hero bets and only villain calls.

(7bb) River is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - What's our best play out of C/C, C/R, B/C, B/F and why?

Grease 10-29-2007 07:45 PM

Re: 75o BB, Hand Quiz - 4/8

Bet/folding, check/calling, and check/raising are all completely ridiculous.

I like bet/calling unless he'll raise here with lots of things and pay off a 3-bet, in which case I B/3-bet.

Not showing the hand down is terrible, as is not betting in the first place.

Xhad 10-29-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/folding, check/calling, and check/raising are all completely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

C/Ring is ok if he's going to sometimes bet busted draws and will almost never check behind a made hand, especially those that would call a bet. This doesn't sound like the type in OP however and I agree with basically everything else you said. LOL at being scared of losing to the runner-runner flush and nothing else.

Grease 10-29-2007 08:38 PM

Xhad,

You're completely correct in pointing out my lack of explanation in C/Ring. I thought about putting on some caveats with my LOLing at it, but again, it does have value against the correct opponents.

neurotiq 10-30-2007 01:18 AM

I'd b/c this river. I don't think we should be afraid of the running diamonds coming in (yet!). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Scarmiglio 10-30-2007 01:48 AM

I'm not saying we need to be worried about the diamonds. I want to know if anyone thinks we can get more value from our hand with a check than with a bet. The diamond is a perfect bluff card for the villain. In fact, I would put villain on a heart flush draw or a naked 5 looking for the straight. Villain will simply fold either of those hands if we just bet, so again can we get more value with a check?

One Outer 10-30-2007 01:59 AM

Why aren't we considering bet/3bet? The only thing we lose to is a runner runner flush.

Xhad 10-30-2007 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying we need to be worried about the diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't list c/c and b/f as options while omitting b/3b. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SNOWBALL 10-30-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't we considering bet/3bet? The only thing we lose to is a runner runner flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's raising, it's going to be a bluff more often than it's going to be a hand that will call a 3 bet. Villain is obv terrible, and if he really does play any two suited, then there are a ton of diamond combos (72 minus some stuff he would raise PF) in his river raising range vs not too many plausible 2 pair or set hands. If he has a smaller straight he sure as hell played it weird.

Niediam 10-30-2007 08:38 AM

I vote for bet/3bet.