Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Limit-->NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   ATs in the BB, villain springs into life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558183)

Ulkis 11-30-2007 06:46 PM

ATs in the BB, villain springs into life

Villain was on his first orbit so no reads.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($15.35)
UTG+1 ($15.75)
MP1 ($5.45)
MP2 ($12.75)
CO ($33.50)
Button ($25)
SB ($14.25)
Hero ($37.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.5</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: ($1.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.3</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $2.75</font>, Hero calls $1.45.

River: ($7.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $2.25</font>, Hero ?

akak 11-30-2007 06:54 PM

Re: ATs in the BB, villain springs into life

I'd probably bet less on the turn. Like .5x. You want to keep this pot small.

Other then that I think you played this alright. If he had a set or something and put you on a weak Ace, bravo to him. He bet pretty much the perfect amounts where you don't feel good about calling.

The hand feels real ugly, but I don't see where you could get away. I call the river.

knockonwood 11-30-2007 08:21 PM

grunch

I would have folded to the turn C/R.

Alobar 11-30-2007 08:49 PM

These are tough spots for me, as I never know what to do.

I cant see him being on a bluff here, because if he were going to bluff at this pot, doing it on the flop when it got checked to him would be the logical play. That 7 doesnt really help anything, draw wise, so its not like he could have picked up a draw to semi bluff. I'd prolly just fold the turn as anything in his range has us beat and I dont think he is bluffing a high enough % of the time.

That river bet looks kind of scared to me, I dont think a bluff c/r shove would be bad, a flush draw is definitely in your range. He doesnt have a lot left behind tho, but hed still be getting a little worse than 2-1. But I dunno if hed be capable of folding 777 (which is his most logical holding), so id want a read before I did it. And Im not saying it would be a standard play or something, but its definitely something to think about in these spots.

PokrLikeItsProse 11-30-2007 10:29 PM

Can anyone make a case for checking again OOP on the turn?

akak 12-01-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone make a case for checking again OOP on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. You have top pair with a marginal kicker OOP. Keep the pot small and try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.

The argument against this is that you lose value against someone with a J or lesser ace who would have called a small value bet. Also you may fold the best hand if someone makes a big bet after you check.