Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   GF invites me to wake, whats my line? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553615)

The Man 11-24-2007 04:33 PM

GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0

mbillie1 11-24-2007 04:36 PM

Re: GF invites me to wake, whats my line?

"I wouldn't really feel comfortable, especially having this be the first time that I meet the rest of your family. I'm sorry."

JuntMonkey 11-24-2007 04:36 PM

You left out how long silly.

Sponger. 11-24-2007 04:37 PM

Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

mbillie1 11-24-2007 04:38 PM

alternately,

"Well I kind of have other things to do this weekend, but I'll tell you what, I'll go to your mother's funeral, she doesn't have that much time left anyway."

ElliotR 11-24-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So her grandfather died after alot of hospitalizations, and she definatley saw it coming and so did her family but she isn't taking it well. I have to drive awhile and meet her family, which i've never done, and I really don't want to go. We aren't very serious. Is it -ev to just say "I don't want to go." and be honest?

I don't think lying is a good line... and I wouldn't expect her to attend a wake for my family and I doubt I would even invite her unless she knew the family member.

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.

The Man 11-24-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she want you to go or is she making you feel like you have to go? Have you talked to her about it at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

She is making me feel like I have to go, and she knows I have some plans for tomorrow. She gave me 1 day notice (its tomorrow). She told me to call her back because she had to go, we didn't finish talking about it

Bulletproof Monk 11-24-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly that comes after asking 2+2....

The Man 11-24-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

need help =-0

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't want to break up, go. If you do, then be honest, then break up with her in a couple of weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

gumpzilla 11-24-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if I don't want to break up and I don't want to go?

To be honest if she dumps me because of this, then she coudn't think too much of me the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that, it's just that from her perspective you are failing to support her in an hour of need. And, if you're not very serious, then who cares if she dumps you?

mbillie's first line is pretty reasonable. Perhaps a better way of approaching it would be to say "I'm thinking about it. Here's my concern."