Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485932)

FishSticks 08-25-2007 04:45 AM

2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

Lifelong fan, season ticket holder, etc.

After seeing this offense consistently flounder around haplessly in the preseason, seeing our revamped offensive line struggle to open ANY holes in the running game, Jason Webster get owned every game at the number two corner, and just generally consistently poor play from the entire team - I'm getting depressed about the season already. I'm having a hard time brainwashing myself into believing they have a real chance to compete this year.

Poz looks really good, Evans looks great as always, Parrish is explosive but we don't like to let him touch the ball - but outside of that not much is looking great. Lynch has been mediocre at best so far, and Peterson tearing [censored] up out in Minnesota makes that sting more.

Any Bills fans out there optimistic about the season? Anybody dreaming playoffs?

kevstreet 08-25-2007 05:11 AM

Re: 2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

Hmmm... playoffs seem a bit optimistic; I'm hoping for .500!

From what I've seen, JP has been protected ok. So we may end up having to establish the pass in order to run. Does that ever work?

Is McGree out? That can't help things if he's on the shelf.

Wire really killed it in the gym. He looks like a different player.

Jeff W 08-25-2007 05:25 AM

If you want to multiply your misery, check out the regular season schedule...

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = No Playoffs.

daman123 08-25-2007 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to multiply your misery, check out the regular season schedule...

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = No Playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, statistically the bills schedule is the toughest in the league. also, it seems as though this team is a bit worse than last year. a better o line, but no mcgahee and clements (and fletcher and spikes). the secondary is going to get shredded and they will get gashed by the run.

like, this will be a really really good season if they can win 7 games.

Uncle Wimp 08-25-2007 11:31 AM

An entire post about the problems with the Bills without mentioning Losman. The Bills must really be in a bad way.

I'm not sold on Losman as the answer at QB. I hope I'm wrong about him. We'll see if the line is really improved what the guy can do.

But don't look too much into the pre-season record. What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?

MacGuyV 08-25-2007 12:29 PM

Thread

I can't say last night's game really changed much for me. I still don't think McGahee will be missed & still think the defense will stink. Why they invested so much in Reed/Kelsay instead of using that $ towards Clements is baffling to me. They desparately need a run-stuffing DT too.

PokerFink 08-25-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the Bills' record in pre-season in the Marv Levy years anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't they consistantly lose every preseason game?

Not that it matters much; the Bills have little hope for this year.

SMIGLET 08-25-2007 08:26 PM

the offense is what will win games this year, the bills defense looks to be completely rebuilding. depending on losman to win is not what you want, even tho there was dramatic improvement last season. as a jets fan i have to say the bills always give afc east rivals alotta trouble, but with mcgahee gone and every team in the division improved, there is next to no chance for the bills to make the playoffs

FishSticks 09-06-2007 12:17 AM

Let's go Buffalo! I'm so ready for the opener.

I don't care that the Bills can't stop the run. I don't care that the Bills can't stop the pass. I don't care that the Bills can't run the ball. I don't care that half the team is a bunch of unproven scrubs no one else wants.

I 100% believe they're going to magically get better and RUN BITCH ASS DENVER RIGHT OUT OF THE [censored] STADIUM

MEbenhoe 09-06-2007 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bad Team+Tough Schedule = 4-12

[/ QUOTE ]