Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   the yellow FG thing they used in the Pats/Eagles game last night (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554754)

Kneel B4 Zod 11-26-2007 12:44 PM

the yellow FG thing they used in the Pats/Eagles game last night

does somebody have a screenshot of this? I didn't really understand what they were showing. am I alone here?

punkass 11-26-2007 12:46 PM

Re: the yellow FG thing they used in the Pats/Eagles game last night

I saw this.

They said that the moment the outsides of the goal posts turn yellow (from blue or green?) is when the football passes the plane of the crossbar/posts. When they briefly showed it yesterday, it looked like the field goal was good.

bnrocks 11-26-2007 01:01 PM

That field goal view was just another piece of technology that needs to be implemented into the game to eliminate mistakes by officials.

eviljeff 11-26-2007 01:21 PM

sounded like the announcer didn't even know what it was. "we're told this will turn yellow..."

BillNye 11-26-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That field goal view was just another piece of technology that needs to be implemented into the game to eliminate mistakes by officials.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have hit the right crossbar, nobody knows how it would bounce of course, but I agree they definitely need to incorporate as much mistake free technology as possible.

The whole Refs are paid to make JUDGEMENT calls is stupid. I don't care about 1 refs POV, I want what actually happened.

Also, that FG should of never happened cuz the Offensive PI on Moss was such a bad call.

Subconscious haterade towards pats, all the more reason to get more technology less refs.

Bremen 11-26-2007 10:21 PM

I remember hearing that they were going to raise the height of the uprights again. Anyone know anything about it?

grando 11-26-2007 10:24 PM

if you looked at the yellow line on the left upright (looking from behind the field) it was showing way left of the actual upright

grando 11-26-2007 10:25 PM

fwiw, it's very similar to baseball and what they're doing with the front plane of the plate to see whether it was a strike or not

kidcolin 11-26-2007 10:26 PM

It'd actually be pretty sweet if they added a height limit. It'd increase the variance (I'm guessing on shorter/midrange kicks especially) and encourage teams to go for it more.

grando 11-26-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It'd actually be pretty sweet if they added a height limit. It'd increase the variance (I'm guessing on shorter/midrange kicks especially) and encourage teams to go for it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I predict this'll be the last time we hear about Prohibition"