Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Weird preflop spot against weird player. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538775)

stigmata 11-05-2007 07:09 AM

Weird preflop spot against weird player.

Sorry, no hand history or stats.

Villain is an oddball. He is around 50/10 preflop, but then probably too tight postflop. Certainly not apt to stack off very light, and can read hands a bit. I have obviously been exploiting him by isolating and taking it down on the flop very easily. He may or may not be getting pissed off with me.

5/10nl. Effective stacks ~$2000

A fish limps in MP, SB (villain) completes.

I make it $50 in the BB with TT. MP folds, SB now makes it $200 to go.

WTF? I think I have the best hand fairly often, but re-raising and calling both seem to put me in terrible situations.

Gonso 11-05-2007 07:28 AM

Re: Weird preflop spot against weird player.

[misread OP, disregard]

stigmata 11-05-2007 07:31 AM

the fish already folded to my raise, then SB 3-bet.

Praetor 11-05-2007 07:34 AM

call, cant do anything else

Gonso 11-05-2007 07:37 AM

Call, and then b/f flop if he checks or bets less than pot. I think I'd rep an ace if one comes. But just once.

stigmata 11-05-2007 07:48 AM

I can't call for set value, and I think he fires pretty often on the flop.... So if I'm calling preflop I have to be willing to probably call one barrel on any non-ace flop with only one overcard.

This means we can get into a lot of trouble postflop - e.g. if he bets a Jxx flop, the turn goes check-check, then there is a good chance he might seize on my weakness, and blow me off the best hand. Alternatively, the flop might come AJx and I fold the best hand.

If I call, the pot gets very big. However, I will be making a mistake postflop very often, either by calling with the worst hand or folding the best hand. E.g. I'm definitely going to make very expensive mistakes postflop if I call.

Anyway, I was so confused that I timed out [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] So unfortunately we can't analyse postflop.

DrMagic 11-05-2007 07:51 AM

I think you can call here. You have position against a guy who plays v predictable postflop. Shouldn't be that terrible a situation at all

DrMagic 11-05-2007 07:53 AM

Just reread, op. Did he make it 250 total, or 200 total?

stigmata 11-05-2007 07:56 AM

200 total. I'm not sure how predictably he will play postflop after such tenacious preflop play.

But yeah I should have called.

Nick Royale 11-05-2007 08:01 AM

Easy call imo. 3-betting is obviously stupid 200bb deep. While you can't call for set value alone, it will cover for a lot of the value you need. And you'll win a at sd quite often. I wouldn't expect the donk to have a well balanced bluffing frequency, so I don't think it will get terribly tough to play postflop anyway.