Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   river decision FT .25/.50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331680)

Bruce D 02-14-2007 05:44 AM

river decision FT .25/.50

Villain seems solid.

I haven't done anything too stupid at this table yet.

Villain is 20/12 over fifty hands.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Inquisitive is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Inquisitive raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Inquisitive calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.4SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Inquisitive calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.7BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Inquisitive bets</font>, BB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.7BB, 2 players)
BB checks, Inquisitive checks or bets?

The thinking is this. The only hand that he is going to call a bet with is KK. He almost never holds an A here. He will raise me with a flush, with JJ, and with QQ. Let us say that he never bluffs, and that if he c/r me, I can let go of my two pair.

Can I ever bet this river?

Larude 02-14-2007 06:15 AM

Re: river decision FT .25/.50

His most likely holding indeed is KK or QQ with a club (than it would make sense to call the turn). But he could also have TT with a club for the same reason. A pair of jacks would also be reasonable but then you might expect him to raise on the turn because he can't put you on a flush (unless you have KQs). He might also gone in with a relative trash because he thought you wanted to steal, dont know how reasonable this option is. In any case i don't think he will call your river bet when beaten so a check is just fine.

winkydinky85 02-14-2007 06:41 AM

Bet/Call here. If you check and he checks you will feel pretty bad.

OziBattler 02-14-2007 06:49 AM

easy value bet for me....if CRed Im calling it. more often than not though youll get a crying call from a hand you beat.

mvoss 02-14-2007 07:02 AM

Looks like an easy value bet to me.

Zeldark 02-14-2007 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy value bet for me....if CRed Im calling it. more often than not though youll get a crying call from a hand you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

fretelöo 02-14-2007 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are that? I'm not sure he'd 3bet with TT (though possible) pf and anything besides TT and KK have improved to a set. As pointed out, his line doesn't make any sense with AK. So, what do we beat, actually...

22pajo 02-14-2007 07:18 AM

I bet this river. He's not going to check into you with a flush or a set hoping to c/r when there is a chance you'll check behind. Bet for value.

And raise the flop

Bruce D 02-14-2007 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet this river. He's not going to check into you with a flush or a set hoping to c/r when there is a chance you'll check behind. Bet for value.

And raise the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is tricky, does this change?

edit: I didn't raise the flop because I was HU and either WA or WB. He is a solid thinking player. I don't think he saw me get out of line. If he held a pp, he almost certainly would have folded to my raise on the flop. &lt;--- and no, it doesn't give away the action on the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Larude 02-14-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he is tricky, does this change?
edit: I didn't raise the flop because I was HU and either WA or WB. He is a solid thinking player. I don't think he saw me get out of line. If he held a pp, he almost certainly would have folded to my raise on the flop. &lt;--- and no, it doesn't give away the action on the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would he fold to a raise on the flop? I don't know many players who just like that throw away a big pocket pair after a reraise, you might have been on a flushdraw. You had to make him pay for hanging in there. If he reraises thats fine, you almost certainly beaten. In that case i would call and see the turn. If he then bets again and i don't improve i would fold.