Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL - Chased Flush, Hit It and..... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543962)

evagaba 11-11-2007 11:14 PM

50NL - Chased Flush, Hit It and.....

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB just joined the table he is 41/8/2 over 12 hands.

UTG is 44/17/1.5 over 40 hands. I don't have any real reads on either player.

I had planned to chase the flush after the free turn card and cheap river card.

So I hit my 2nd nut flush on a paired board and it goes...

BB: $30.35
UTG: $60.90
CO: $56.85
Hero (BTN): $49.25
SB: $10.65

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($8.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, UTG calls $2, CO folds, Hero calls $2

River: ($14.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $18</font>, Hero ???

What am I possibly beating here? A smaller flush ? A straight? Or even a naked 6?

creamfillin 11-11-2007 11:19 PM

Re: 50NL - Chased Flush, Hit It and.....

I'd call, his stats are a little crazy, it looks bluffy, he could have a lower flush.

thac 11-11-2007 11:22 PM

I'd bet this flop in position. As played, there are a bunch of hands UTG can have here that we beat, but I dunno if I like a shove. I do like a call though because BB can overcall, and it's pretty wishful thinking for UTG to call our shove with less.

bsball8806 11-11-2007 11:28 PM

Call, all a shove does is force out worse hands (including the the chance BB calls behind).
It would not surprise me at all if UTG flips over QQ, however.

Unknown Soldier 11-11-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, all a shove does is force out worse hands (including the the chance BB calls behind).
It would not surprise me at all if UTG flips over QQ, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way is he folding a worse flush. question is whether we are ahead of his range.

bsball8806 11-11-2007 11:30 PM

"UTG is 44/17/1.5 over 40 hands. I don't have any real reads on either player."

whoops, didn't see that.

Jw513 11-11-2007 11:59 PM

I call... I think we see a lower flush more often than FH

evagaba 11-12-2007 12:14 AM

I posted to see if my call was the right choice and I see everyone who answered would have also made the call. I briefly thought of a shove and dismissed that. I said out loud twice "I know I'm beat, I know I'm beat" and then I clicked call.

I used my whole time bank trying to think this one out though. I figured ANY flush could make this play and I beat them all but one. I also thought a straight from a non-thinking player might make that bet as well or possible even 76.

BB called with AQ off (LOL)

UTG showed 66 for flopped Quads.

RustedCorpse 11-12-2007 01:08 AM

I'm new to NL, but is this a bad preflop call to a EP raiser? I just feel like more often not that I'm going to get trapped with this hand?

If you hit 2 pair a straight draw is going to have a hard time folding, you hit the King it's an awkward kicker with the raise, as well as the ten.

Could someone fill me in on this? Again new to NL, I three bet it in limit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

evagaba 11-12-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm new to NL, but is this a bad preflop call to a EP raiser? I just feel like more often not that I'm going to get trapped with this hand?

If you hit 2 pair a straight draw is going to have a hard time folding, you hit the King it's an awkward kicker with the raise, as well as the ten.

Could someone fill me in on this? Again new to NL, I three bet it in limit [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the number of people already in the pot, I don't believe that it is a bad call. I have position and I won't get in too much trouble here. I would not play this as a top pair hand either. I would be looking for 2 pair, a straight or a flush before committing many chips to this pot.

I wonder how others feel?