Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rudy is toast? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556716)

gobbomom 11-28-2007 08:06 PM

Re: Rudy is toast?

I can see the Clinton machine exposing this so that Rudy won't be in a HU match. I can [sorta] see McCain's people doing it, more so than Romney's. But I can definitely see Dobson behind it, hence my curiosity as to whether he's endorsed Huckabee.

BluffTHIS! 11-28-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No AC'ers interested in McCain.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

Seether 11-28-2007 08:27 PM

I really don't see why anyone even speaks about McCain. He has been lagging behind everyone in fundraising. He seems to have no momentum in the media or in the polls.

AlexM 11-28-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

But of course AC'ers a) aren't interested in anyone but RP, and b) aren't going to vote anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, dragging AC in where it has nothing to do with anything is your only means of defending your point just shows how weak your point is. Go, go ad hominems!

bobman0330 11-28-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see why anyone even speaks about McCain. He has been lagging behind everyone in fundraising. He seems to have no momentum in the media or in the polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the best candidate in the field!

BluffTHIS! 11-28-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not ACers. Nobody. The only reason he has any support at all anymore is because he still gets media attention. His support has been constantly dropping throughout the year and this isn't going to cause it to pick up.

BTW, nice ad hominem. You're brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about the perspective that you bring to this issue isn't an ad hominem.

As to the question at hand, there are 2 camps in the repub party:

1) religious conservatives
2) not religious conservatives

The contest for the nomination is waged between those 2 camps, despite there being multiple candidates in each camp. So if the strongest candidate in #2 falls, the strongest/only candidate left will benefit. McCain has done poorly precisely because of Guiliani's strength, not because of more conservative candidates.

Now the above is simplistic and ignores Thompson. But Thompson is straddling the fence between the 2 camps so it's hard to say.

Scary_Tiger 11-28-2007 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

McCain has no shot of winning Iowa, Nevada, Michigan, or South Carolina. If Rudy did collapse though, he'd have a great shot at New Hampshire and Florida. A scenario for McCain to win is as follows.

Huckabee wins in Iowa, McCain in sixth.
McCain wins New Hampshire.
Romney wins Michigan, McCain in second.
Romney wins Nevada, McCain in second.
Thompson wins South Carolina, McCain in second.
McCain wins Florida.

DING-DONG YO 11-28-2007 08:42 PM

1) Take the fluffthis/AC wrangling elsewhere lest I be forced to ninja-ban yo ass.

2) amen, Rudy is Hilary in pro-war clothing.

AlexM 11-28-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Take the fluffthis/AC wrangling elsewhere lest I be forced to ninja-ban yo ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully support banning anyone who attacks AC people for being AC in threads that have nothing to do with that.

JayTee 11-28-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) amen, Rudy is Hilary in pro-war clothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This implies that Hillary is anti-war.