Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Civil disbediance: gogogo, or nonono? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495690)

nietzreznor 09-07-2007 01:24 PM

Re: Civil disbediance: gogogo, or nonono?

[ QUOTE ]
gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

Copernicus 09-07-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why have they waited 4 months? I don't know CA unemployment law, but where I live, one of the definitions of being "unemployed" is not being paid. The first day they missed a paycheck, they all should've filed a claim.

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes well beyond filing an unemployment claim. There are statutory periods for payment of wages in every state, and not complying with them carries huge fines. I doubt that school districts are exempt from them. Some law firm stands to make a fortune if the facts are as straightforward as presented.

Copernicus 09-07-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dammit. this was a pure typo. Sorry guys. It's been TWO months since she's been paid. My mistake. Sorry again. I really hate it when anything is exaggerated in stories like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it even two months. Emergency checks have supposedly been issued for anyone who made the district aware of non-payment

Misfire 09-07-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My sister knows one teacher who lost her house, because this problem has been going on for a while, and she missed too many payments.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's been TWO months since she's been paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute. Were other teachers not paid earlier or was this one teacher already 5 or 6 months behind?

Kimbell175113 09-07-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNOWBALL 09-07-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does not compute. Were other teachers not paid earlier or was this one teacher already 5 or 6 months behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

the payroll glitch has been going on for much more than two months. The way it *seems* to work is that some people are overpaid, and others are underpaid. Some apparently get zero. I think one of my sister's checks was for $20

jstnrgrs 09-07-2007 05:24 PM

After they messed up one check, I would probably have been nice and given them another pay period to fix it (but only because I'm a nice guy like that). When they messed up the second check, I would have walked off the job on the spot, and I would tell them that I would not be back until I have been fully paid what I am owed. If every teacher who had this problem did this, they would have the problem fixed quickly.

iron81 09-07-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they messed up the second check, I would have walked off the job on the spot, and I would tell them that I would not be back until I have been fully paid what I am owed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pay for teachers is determined by seniority. The skills they learn aren't very transferable. Add these two up and most of the teachers would take a big salary hit if they left.

Misfire 09-07-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pay for teachers is determined by seniority. The skills they learn aren't very transferable. Add these two up and most of the teachers would take a big salary hit if they left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad they can't go work for the school's competitors...

Misfire 09-07-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the payroll glitch has been going on for much more than two months. The way it *seems* to work is that some people are overpaid, and others are underpaid. Some apparently get zero. I think one of my sister's checks was for $20

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha. I vote for a strike. Civil disobedience is unnecessary.