Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz - bet the river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545755)

Praxising 11-14-2007 02:42 AM

Razz - bet the river?

I played the 9 because this guy played a lot of junk in the hole and I hoped the tight 2 didn't have a hand.
Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.65 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.65 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.65 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]__?

iStackBooks 11-14-2007 08:01 AM

Re: Razz - bet the river?

I really don't like 3rd, 4th-6th are standard...

This is very thin but I think I'm betting 7th, unless you have seen this guy check raise a lot in the past. I guess he probably checks an 86 or 76, but I think he calls with his T6 here more often than he makes and 86/76/6x AND checks it to you.

blumpkin 11-14-2007 09:48 AM

its pretty thin but i kinda like a bet if he's stubborn. you would have played it the same had you paired the 3 or 4. but please do not call a raise if you bet.

Andy B 11-15-2007 01:57 AM

Third's a fold. I think you should bet the river. People who play a lot of junk will also pay off with a Ten. But definitely fold to a check-raise.

RustyBrooks 11-15-2007 01:59 AM

Well, it's good that he checked to you, I would rarely expect a check-raise. However there are so many cards he could have caught that beat you, that he won't bet because of your apparent uber-low draw. So I'd bet, but I'd expect to lose a fair amount of the time.

Sp00n 11-15-2007 06:35 AM

easy vbet