Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   50k HU Tourney (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447029)

TheWorstPlayer 07-09-2007 07:12 PM

50k HU Tourney

Since they are getting into specifics on the 5K tourney in the other thread, I figured it would just be easier to start a separate thread for the 50K tourney now. It looks like it will happen for sure, it's just a question of working out the details. The main sticking point is getting Stars to help us set it up. They told me to let them know when I had 8 players confirmed and they would let me know what they could do for us.

Today, I sent them this

[ QUOTE ]
We have 6 solidly committed players and another 6-8 possibles which will almost certainly yield at least 2 players. But many of the possibles want reassurance that a reliable site will be handling the money and they want to know the amount of juice the site will be charging. If you could provide those pieces of information, I could get the final two confirmed players very quickly. Thank you for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

and got back this

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

Please contact us as soon as you have 8 solidly commited players, and we
will submit your request for consideration.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you need further assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if people want this to go down, please let me know if you can commit to playing. Currently I have gotten commitments from:
Gift of Gab
durrrr
Alaei
TheMightyZep
evanski
Stinger

Also, feel free to suggest formats, but I think in order to make it as much skill and as little luck as possible it should probably be something like best of 3 200bb or 300bb matches. Maybe finals best of 5? Anyways, let me know if you can play so I can get Stars to work on setting it up, please, if you're interested.

- TWP

evanski 07-09-2007 07:45 PM

Re: 50k HU Tourney

I am strongly for best of 3 200bb rather than 300bbs.

Methodz 07-09-2007 07:50 PM

If you need players, I'd try contacting aba or having stinger talk to him, he'd probably play....

I'd really really like to see this go down [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TheWorstPlayer 07-09-2007 07:51 PM

I PMed aba and got no response. Anyone who knows how to contact him other than PM would be great.

Jackal69 07-09-2007 07:52 PM

surely stevesbets will play...? If so the other 7 players should be made to agree to a suicide pact if he wins.

cts 07-09-2007 10:54 PM

fine, I will play

TheWorstPlayer 07-09-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fine, I will play

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet. Now if Barry Greenstein (don't know if he reads this forum - maybe captainwacky can ask him if he wants to play), Samoleus, Brandon Adams, or one of the other 'maybes' can confirm that they will play, we will have a tournament.

TNUC 07-09-2007 11:22 PM

think u shud just get barry g to escrow

Ansky 07-09-2007 11:30 PM

If you are doing a 50k tournament, stars might be willing to set up privately (so escrow wouldn't be needed).

TheWorstPlayer 07-09-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
think u shud just get barry g to escrow

[/ QUOTE ]
may have to do something like that as a last resort, but i'm still hoping stars or FTP will come through to handle the money. and, as was said before, clearly no one is getting 400k+ to escrow, so we'd need at least a few people that EVERYONE trusts with 100K+. so I def think that should be a last resort.