Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   blind defense with KTo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538790)

rzk 11-05-2007 08:49 AM

blind defense with KTo

you have K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the bb. a standard tag (no stats) opens otb.

the flop is:

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and you c/c.

the turn is:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

your move?

Mozart 11-05-2007 09:00 AM

Re: blind defense with KTo

Board: 2s 3d 5h 3c
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 43.653% 41.61% 02.04% 8166 400.50 { KsTd }
Hand 1: 56.347% 54.31% 02.04% 10657 400.50 { 44+, A2s+, K2s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A3o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J8o+, T9o }

wow actually itīs really close. (assuming he bets the turn again with a hand and without a hand)

Against an unkown i see arguments for a calldown.

Gurravasa 11-05-2007 09:00 AM

How do you know he's a standard TAG without any stats or notes? Anyway I c/f since KT UI is to often beat by Ax,PP or better kings in theese situations.

Gurravasa 11-05-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(assuming he bets the turn again with a hand and without a hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't assume that a standard TAG bets crappy hands as J8o on this turn.

rzk 11-05-2007 09:04 AM

bonus question: if you c/c, which rivers are you c/f'ing?

Oink 11-05-2007 09:11 AM

This is such a tough spot and I dont claim to know how to play it.

One thing I am sure of: c/c c/f (on that specific turn) is suboptimal.

Even against a tightish range as Mozart used hero has good eq. I expect a thinking player to 2nd barrel his whole range as hero should be c/c c/f quite a few hands.

I suspect that c/r'ing this flop could be part of the optimal strategy against a not too creative player. But I dont know what to do when villain calls the c/r and a turn bet. Then hero should c/f river?

Dunno. Maybe c/c times 3 is best.

Gurravasa 11-05-2007 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect a thinking player to 2nd barrel his whole range

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't consider a "standard TAG" as a thinking player, if he was a thinking player I would call him a good TAG. A standard TAG is a pretty unimginative player IMO.

Oink 11-05-2007 09:34 AM

If so I think you should c/r the flop or c/c flop donk turn.

If you c/c c/f you will be giving up 6 outs a lot and when he checks behind its often with worse hands such as JT or 87s or Q8s or whatever. Making those hands fold is better than giving them a free card unless you think they will bluff the river.

I really dont see how you should c/c c/f here.

vmacosta 11-05-2007 09:36 AM

this hand is a good example of why i like to push our equity edge pf and just 3-bet. Assuming he calls your flop bet, you'll usually end up getting him off kt-kq on the turn here. Then, against all but the most elite players, you'll have an easy c/f UI on the river if he calls.

Given how you played it, he'll bet nearly his whole range here so you have to call the turn and probably c/f river UI. Maybe donk if a 6 comes.

Oink 11-05-2007 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is a good example of why i like to push our equity edge pf and just 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. I completely missed that.

I agree that preflop is an easy 3-ball. A TAG has a wide range and he is going to respect your 3-bet OOP and play more honest.