Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Easy River Shove? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551850)

xwowsersx 11-21-2007 10:44 PM

Easy River Shove?

Villain is 20/16 over small sample. The only reasons theres a question here is because I sort of put him on a big hand. That said, is there any reason to slow down on river?

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $534.30
BTN: $197
SB: $149.90
Hero (BB): $213.35
UTG: $180.55

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO calls $2, <font color="red">BTN raises to $12</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $10, CO calls $10

Flop: ($37) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($37) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: ($37) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $82</font>

Hero?

Ranma4703 11-21-2007 10:51 PM

Re: Easy River Shove?

Why didn't you reraise preflop? Why didn't you bet the flop? Push the river. I don't like your play on any street.

RUDIKULOUS 11-21-2007 10:51 PM

Theres a lot of boats that you beat sooo let get it in.

therealpk 11-21-2007 10:53 PM

Dear me if you don't try as hard as humanly possible to get all in here you should not ever play poker again. If he has AA or JJ, so be it.

Golfdish 11-21-2007 10:56 PM

If he has AA or JJ then he played it worse than you did. shove riv plz. AJ/KJ/QJ reps most of his range imo

xwowsersx 11-21-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you reraise preflop? Why didn't you bet the flop? Push the river. I don't like your play on any street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I agree. I am 3 betting here 99% of the time, but I figured I could extract more value by calling. But the point is well taken. I decided to check the flop OOP because I was sure villain would CBet. He didn't cooperate. Then the board was four the straight so that made me tread carefully. So, just sort of by chance this hand played poorly. This isn't my standard line obviously. Also, I was only asking about the river play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ranma4703 11-21-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I agree. I am 3 betting here 99% of the time, but I figured I could extract more value by calling. But the point is well taken. I decided to check the flop OOP because I was sure villain would CBet. He didn't cooperate. Then the board was four the straight so that made me tread carefully. So, just sort of by chance this hand played poorly. This isn't my standard line obviously. Also, I was only asking about the river play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing that has helped me a lot, I believe it was in NLHTAP, was the idea that you should play very straightforward out of position without a very good reason (bluffy spewtard luckbox in the hand). I know you don't want help with anything but river, but I figured I would share since it helped me a lot.

cs3 11-22-2007 12:28 AM

shove river! wtf, he has a bare T here a lot of the time, and Jx the rest of time

early325 11-22-2007 12:32 AM

this hand was played like wtf

but yes, sove river

Paul Thomson 11-22-2007 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand was played like wtf

but yes, sove river

[/ QUOTE ]