Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   The interesting hands I played at the WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431576)

Rekwob 06-20-2007 08:30 AM

The interesting hands I played at the WSOP

So I dont know if its a good or bad thing that I have only a few hands to post from my two weeks here, there were a couple of hands that I made mistakes on but obviously knew afterwards, so here we go.

1. $2500 NL - blinds 25/50, i have 5kish, villian covers

Older English guy raises to 150, i call in the SB with AKo, BB calls.
Flop AQ9 two clubs, i lead 325, fold, english guy calls.
Turn 2o, i check call 950.
River 5c, i check, he bets 2050.

Couple hands in I raised 66 to 150 and this guy reraised to 650, i made a comment of english guys always playing back at me, he said he didnt know who i was, i say i FTed a GUKPT and fold, he shows KK. He had also raised pre, bet small on the flop, called a check raise and then bet small when checked to on the turn and river and showed 77 for a set.

2. $2000 NL - blinds 25/50, i have 4k ish, villian covers

Older guy with goatee and ponytail limps for 50, i complete in the SB with 75o, BB checks.
Flop Q86 two spades, checks around.
Turn 5o, i bet 125, fold, limper raises to 250, i call.
River 6o, i check, he bets 600.

He had min raised the turn before, but the hand wasnt shown down.

3. $2000 NL - blinds 100/200 ante 25

Just moved to table, i have 3850 in the BB and A6o, folds round to young kid with big stack who throws in 3k.
I was moving in over any standard open.

I didnt know him, but he had a lot of smaller chips to go along with his stack of 1k chips and was getting a massage

4. $2500 NL 6max - blinds 100/200, i have 4900, villian has 3600

i raise KQo to 600 in 2nd position, young aggressive finnish guy in SB calls.
Flop Jd5d3c, check, check.
Turn Qc, check, i bet 800, he calls.
River, 7d, he moves in for 2200.

This guy was obviously in a lot of pots, I didnt think he was that good but he was tough to read, played a few hands wierdly. Defintely possible that he was just enough better than me that I didnt realise it.

5. $2500 NL 6max - blinds 300/600 ante 75 - I have 16k, Villian covers

first hand after dinner break after moving 2-3 hands before, BB is Ram Vaswani
folds round to me in SB, i limp K8o, Ram checks.
Flop KTTr, i check/call 700.
Turn As, putting a flush draw up, i check, Ram bets 2k.

Ram def doesnt know who I am. Plans for the river if you see it are encouraged.

luckychewy 06-20-2007 08:40 AM

Re: The interesting hands I played at the WSOP

1 - ace a club on the flop? if not do you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? i think flop lead is okay cause board is drawy and they'll call down worse hands where as if you c/r you commit yourself and they might fold aj. i think turn is good and river is probably a fold.

2 - i'd bet the flop and fold the river.

3 - this is bvb i assume? i fold for sure.

4 - call really fast. seems like he almost never has a flush w/ this line.

5 - i think i fold, he's prob aggro and betting flop wide but when u c/c a flop that dry and ur unknown he's not going to put you on an oop float and he's prob not gonna assume you fold a king to a turn bet(imo). i'd be more inclined to call if a fd was on the flop cause he has more hands to put you on that can fold the turn.

Rekwob 06-20-2007 08:44 AM

1. im certain i didnt have the Ac, pretty sure it wasnt on the board, also, i had seen this guy check behind a gutshot/flush draw on the turn in a hand before this, i thought this was kind of relevant

3. yeah, blind v blind, this was interesting i thought because i had a small stack of chips, but i had 3 1k chips and a 500, so maybe my stack looked smaller than it was. also i was in seat 1 and he was in seat 10.

sinderg 06-20-2007 09:33 AM

1: lead out, and control pot on the river.
3: fold for sure.
4: call, seemed you played it perfect.
5: lead out turn for 1800. if he raises fold, but if he calls, call river bet.

Mr.Poker 06-20-2007 09:37 AM

Hand one - I think is fine, river is a fold

Hand two - pretty read dependant here, does he bet his missed draw like this enough?

Hand three - I think I fold here, we are only ever marginally ahead here if at all.

Hand four - I seems like of his range that hit the flop/turn should be leading or c/raising turn here (except maybe 46o). Tough if he plays slightly weird but i think i call. (def the most interesting hand i think)

Hand five - agree with Chewy

sinderg 06-20-2007 09:39 AM

btw the amount of players i see that would normally always bet online but now for some reason have stoped doing continuation bets is sick.

registrar 06-20-2007 10:21 AM

1. Probably fold. I'd probably talk myself into a call somehow.
2. Lead flop, fold river
3. Fold. I call A8s+, A9o+
4. Call (stare into soul etc. first but I'd call online so I need a reason to fold here other than the action)
5. Really don't know. Probably fold because I have no plan for the river.

curtains 06-20-2007 04:52 PM

Hnad 3 if its blind vs blind and the kid seems decent you must call. Folding is terrible against a good player IMO.

*** Edit - misread, thought he put you allin for 3k, not 3850. Much tougher then. Just please note that if you are calling only A9o and A8s, he must do this with any 2 cards. Of course live people aren't usually good enough to know that and also they have the option of raising to 700 and folding to an allin. ***

curtains 06-20-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. $2500 NL - blinds 25/50, i have 5kish, villian covers

Older English guy raises to 150, i call in the SB with AKo, BB calls.
Flop AQ9 two clubs, i lead 325, fold, english guy calls.
Turn 2o, i check call 950.
River 5c, i check, he bets 2050.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't give us the PF raisers position. Too important a factor to even bother discussing this hand IMO.

curtains 06-20-2007 04:57 PM

Do not fold that hand to Ram please. I'm pretty sure he's crazy and he can only have a ten, probably nothing else. I strongly suspect he raises with an ace and never bets a king on the turn. He also knows you might have a king and figures you may fold. He probably has something like 85o. I would call and likely call the river, but ok I don't know him that well.