Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ** NBA Conference Finals ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=120373)

tuq 05-24-2006 03:08 AM

Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

Artdogg,

I think you underestimate just how important .003 blocks/game can mean to a series. E.g. over the course of a 333 game series that's nearly a full block. Please reconsider. Thx.

Artdogg 05-24-2006 04:48 AM

haha, reminds me of all these nba debates I have with a friend, he always brings up these stats that mean jack [censored] for the position, and its annoying cause its so useless arguing with him.

Paul B. 05-24-2006 06:09 AM

Heat in 5. Mavs in 7.

Ryan Beal 05-24-2006 06:21 AM

While I didn't expect the Pistons to lose this game, I knew it would be one they could easily give away at home. As long as the Pistons win game two, we're in for a long series.

Vincent 05-24-2006 08:03 AM

Re: Ben Wallace

[ QUOTE ]
Really, there's no excuse for an NBA player being so bad at free throws.

[/ QUOTE ]
And people wanted to vote for him as MVP a couple years back. Haha, an all-star player who can't put in the ball in the hoop from 15' with no one guarding him.

Hornacek 05-24-2006 08:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And people wanted to vote for him as MVP a couple years back. Haha, an all-star player who can't put in the ball in the hoop from 15' with no one guarding him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Shaq?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Vincent 05-24-2006 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about Shaq?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Touche. He made up for it by being able to put the ball in the hoop from 5' with three people guarding him.

Watching Ben Wallace on the offensive end is sad. He has great athletic talent, but has never developed any skills on that end. Great foul by Riley in the 4th on Ben. Just like a turnover, robbed the Pistons of a possession at the end of the game.

Hornacek 05-24-2006 08:55 AM

My roommate said this to me last night, and I never realized it until then:

There was about 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter:

"Pretty much we can expect that Flip will be outcoached with five minutes left every game from hereon in, right?"

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Let's hope we have at least a 10-pt lead halfway through the fourth in Game 2.

BLdSWtTRs 05-24-2006 09:38 AM

Despite the Heat win I'm gonna stick with my original pred. of Pistons in 7. I'm not a sportsbettor but I would comfortably bet 100 stacks on Det moneyline for game 2.

Mavs in 5. No way this series goes past game 5 imo.

Vincent 05-24-2006 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mavs in 5. No way this series goes past game 5 imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I just looked this up. Dallas & Phoenix split the series this year 2-2. The two games Dallas won, their teams were different from what they are now. Dallas had Christie in one game and Phoenix had Kurt Thomas & no Tim Thomas. Griffin also got a lot of PT in those games, starting over Josh Howard.

In their latter two games, which the Suns won, they had Tim Thomas, and Dallas has their current team minus KVH. If I knew this I might have adjusted my Mavs in 5 predicted to Mavs in 7, but looking this over makes me think there's a decent possibility that the Suns make the Finals, which I thought was impossible before.