Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Zurvan 04-13-2007 01:25 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

Boiler: I actually had bluff as 90% certain wolf, and you as 90% certain Bard. I regretted my comment about 90% after I made it, because I didn't want to say what I really thought. I knew there was no way you would get lynched yesterday.

I wanted somebody else to respond to my comments besides you, which is why I didn't do much explaining. We're really dealing with a near zero information situation here, and I was trying to generate something.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I knew there was no way you would get lynched yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

To expand... which is why I felt safe accusing you to draw a reaction from Bluff / KM, and hoping that it would keep you alive last night. It worked, but for the wrong reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 01:35 PM

I'm pretty happy with that Zurvan. I really want to hear what bluff has to say today.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bluff: what's up with not saying anything since the conversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

There hasn't been much to discuss except whether or not to vote no lynch, and my lynch order list. I'm rereading the last two days now. Notes as I go:

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who is not a vanillager needs to step forward now...

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems odd, as we didn't want power roles to step forward, since it didn't give us any benefit, but would allow the wolf to off the power roles. Wolf points for boiler.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the apprentice & the bard should be coming out now.

That leaves 3 unknowns. It really cuts down on who we need to look at tomorrow

[/ QUOTE ]

Now zurvan wants them to come out. Agreeing with someone's bad idea is more +wolf points then putting the idea out there.

then boiler does the code thing. This doesn't seem like something that a wolf would do. +villager points for boiler.

boiler then says:

[ QUOTE ]

If I am the apprentice I would peek Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

If boiler was evil, I would think he would only do this get the apprentice to waste a peek. But jeremy was killed and not zurvan. +villager points

Zurvan then initially pushes for lynching instead of no lynching, but changes his mind. I view this as neutral/slighly wolfy. He was really all over the place.

[ QUOTE ]
My list would go:
boiler
zurvan
km

[/ QUOTE ]

that's my list. currently it's switched with zurvan > boiler. But I think my list makes it more likely zurvan would've kept me alive and boiler would've killed me. +wolf to zurvan

[ QUOTE ]
If I was looking for targets that I didn’t think were power roles, I would have chosen myself or Zurvan.

[/ QUOTE ]

KM's post, which i'm going to lend some thought to. I would assume traz was looking for non-power roles, which were corruptible. +wolf to zurvan

[ QUOTE ]
I'll let you know tomarrow if I am alive. It isn't anything major. Let's all post lists today to increase info from tonight's nightkill. I think no lynch is correct. One less person to worry about.

For me: Zurvan > Bluff > KM as it stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

boiler's list. the same argument i made about mine points more to boiler then zurvan. +village zurvan +wolf boiler

right now I'm 70% sure i'm going zurvan.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 02:37 PM

So, did you purposely skip today's posts, or did they just not appear for you or something?

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, did you purposely skip today's posts, or did they just not appear for you or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean the two that were made before I started rereading? I quoted yours and skipped boilers. His post seems genuine. More +village for him. Your overreaction to me not including two posts (one, really) moves you further into +wolf.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Zurvan then initially pushes for lynching instead of no lynching, but changes his mind. I view this as neutral/slighly wolfy. He was really all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually talked about this in my post today. Which you ignored.

[ QUOTE ]

his seems odd, as we didn't want power roles to step forward, since it didn't give us any benefit, but would allow the wolf to off the power roles. Wolf points for boiler

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody saying something you disagree with makes them a wolf? Huh?

And, if you read my posts yesterday, I clearly wanted the Bard & Fortuneteller to switch roles when they came out, so we could hopefully get a peek, of either the final wolf or a confirmed villager.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody saying something you disagree with makes them a wolf? Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, somebody suggesting a strategy that is only good for the wolves makes them more likely to be evil.

[ QUOTE ]
And, if you read my posts yesterday, I clearly wanted the Bard & Fortuneteller to switch roles when they came out, so we could hopefully get a peek, of either the final wolf or a confirmed villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course you claim that's what you wanted yesterday, but you still suggested they come out the day before. It's easy to say afterwards "just kidding guys, I actually wanted them to do this"

[ QUOTE ]
I actually talked about this in my post today. Which you ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

where? I see your question post. one talking about your 90% boiler is evil post. I guess you mean that one. You were trying to generate discussion on it then? I posted about it stating the math and why we should vote no lynch.

Boiler_bd 04-13-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There hasn't been much to discuss except whether or not to vote no lynch, and my lynch order list. I'm rereading the last two days now. Notes as I go:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff did you not see the importance in the village remaining active after the conversion? More info the better obviously.

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluff did you not see the importance in the village remaining active after the conversion? More info the better obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt everyone posting a list of their top wolf choices would be the best information we could get. I'm not sure how there could be much conversation about lynch/no lynch. it's a pretty cut and dry issue.

My early strategy in games (which this was essentially a day 1 situation) is to read much more then I post, and try to pick up on wolfy posts. That's what i've done the last 2 days. That's where my first list came from. That's what I'm doing now. Meanwhile, zurvan is crafting an argument for me that doesn't even make sense. And it seems awfully like he had this argument for me in mind and ready to post, which is why he kept me alive.