Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529488)

sillysal 10-23-2007 02:53 PM

Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

I was booted off FT last Friday,Oct12th 10:15 pm. I received a letter stating that my account was suspended following a 96 hour investigation of my “table play”. I sent off a round of letters expressing my dissatisfaction. I was assured by Jeremy E. that this would be dealt with as soon as possible. I received another letter, Four days later, asking my for ID, such as a drivers license and electric bill of which I sent in promptly along with my bank account statement and passport . This was a week ago that they received my info.

I sent off another letter to Jeremy E. (by the way, I love how they ask for all of my personal information, and yet I correspond with a site I have NO IDEA where they are located and with a guy who won’t sign his last name) asking that he please unfreeze my account as I have complied with his wishes.

Today is Tues. Oct.23rd. It has been 11 DAYS since they froze my account. They have given me NO explanations as to why they have suspended my account other then they are compiling information. I have almost $47,000 in my FullTIlt account that I am unable to access.

My name is pokergirl z. Many of you know me either through this site or others. Some of you have met me personally. While I’m not a big poster on 2+2 , I have been a big presence on the High stakes heads up tables for well over 5 years.

In all my years of online gaming, this is the first time I’ve EVER had my account suspended for any reason.

Considering the bad press that online gaming is receiving these days I really hate to add fuel to the fire. Fulltilt has said that they “understand the position that this has put on me and others in”.

Has any one here in the forum had their accounts suspended? If so , what was the reason for the suspension and how was it resolved?

It puts us all in a precarious situation because if they decide they want to freeze your account or take your bankroll they can do as they please without any explanation or provocation. One of the only ways a player can really fight back is by posting their experiences.

ikestoys 10-23-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

well, anything you could be doing to set off alarm bells? Because they prob aren't doing this to simply smite you

HandHack1 10-23-2007 03:03 PM

That. Really. Bites.

sillysal 10-23-2007 03:11 PM

First off, I play there every single day. Last friday nite was just like any other. It's a reasonable question and as I stated they frooze my acount with no provocation. AND NO EXPLANATION. Other than they were investigating my "table play". Jeremy e. keeps apologizing for the inconveniencethis has put on me in, yet gives me no explanation as to why this has happened.

This is my warning to you all. I used to think that if a site freezes your money or takes away your bankroll that they had reason to do so. I'm here to tell you. I no longer believe that. You won't either if it happens to you.

Henry17 10-23-2007 03:18 PM

If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately there are so many people pulling scams on sites. Something brought you to security's attention. It could have been a transfer to or from someone who committed fraud, a friend who logged on from your machine once and then did something, someone you beat might have had charge-backs etc. As long as you know you didn't do anything then you'll be fine. It could take some time though. I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

They can't give you any explanation. It is very frustrating but until they are sure you were not involved and are just collateral damage giving out information will just educate people who scam sites.

Bobo Fett 10-23-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
True to an extent. The losers are the ones that cause the sites to investigate accounts, but that does NOT excuse FT for being so slow and non-communicative, something they are notorious for during these investigations.

Sponger. 10-23-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, I love how they ask for all of my personal information, and yet I correspond with a site I have NO IDEA where they are located and with a guy who won’t sign his last name

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find out where they are located, and lol

jkpoker 10-23-2007 03:32 PM

im going to go out on some wild speculation and ask

Did you do lots of P2P transfers for people.

AbreuTime 10-23-2007 03:43 PM

What games do you play? Recently play a drunk dude who donked off 5 buyins? You probably played someone who did a cc chargeback, and they have to decide if you were involved. My guess is that you were playing HU. Nothing you can do except volunteer info which may expediate the process (I.D.). You'll get your money back if you did nothing wrong.

Edit: Or you did some transfers with scammers.

Punker 10-23-2007 03:53 PM

I've played with pokergirl z - plays the mid-high limit HU tables all the time. From what I understand, they've been busting bots all over the place in those games (I'm sure you got a hefty refund in the last batch?). Maybe they suspect you are involved in it somehow, or perhaps you beat Gatorade out of a bit too much and he reported you.

Keep fighting the good fight and I'm reasonably confident it will all be resolved for you (assuming you're innocent).

ntnBO 10-23-2007 04:33 PM

While I don't play high limit I knew I recognized that screen name from the past but it took me a moment. So is this event worse than losing 20k to Jimmywins88? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BO

Lori 10-23-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been a big presence on the High stakes heads up tables for well over 5 years

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to add that Sillysal was around in the days of the huge WSEX battles.

Pyrosis 10-23-2007 05:37 PM

If you can answer the following questions, I might be able to give you some better insight into your account investigation and as to what they are actually examining right now.

How long have you played on Full Tilt?
Do you always play high stakes HU matches?
Did you recently make any credit card deposits?

Also, check your HH and see if there have been any new and erratic players that have recently lost a lot to you. You might be the victim of a chip dump and be completely unaware of it.

whodaman 10-23-2007 05:46 PM

why don't you ever play 3 handed on wsex... it really weirds me out that when some1 interrupts your hu match with a giant giant fish you won't play 3handed... it honestly makes me wonder if you use some kind of program for hu play. I am not accusing you and sillysal on wsex is a good hu player but the fact you won't play 3 handed ever gives me weird vibes.
Anyways, regardless if you've done nothing wrong, it is ridiculous to have been locked out of your account with no explanation for this long.

StellarWind 10-23-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
You may think you are defending FTP and other poker rooms, but in fact "don't blame the sites" is one of the most damning things you can say about FTP and online poker in general.

Saying FTP is 'not to blame' is another way of saying they aren't responsible. The same way a 4-year-old child is not responsible. As in FTP accepts $47000 bankrolls and then is not responsible for what happens next.

No one wants to trust significant sums of money to a business that isn't responsible. FTP suspended OP's account and FTP must be responsible for their actions. Otherwise they aren't a real business.

PS: Let me be clear that I have no opinion about OP's problem. I don't know why FTP suspended her account or why it is taking so long to resolve. I'm just tired of the 'dog-ate-my-homework' attitude constantly expressed by so many apologists for online poker. OP is the customer and FTP is the alleged responsible business holding her money. FTP needs to answer to her for its actions. It doesn't matter what her opponents did, what Gatorade said, how overworked their staff is, or anything else. FTP has frozen her money for a long time and they should have a legitimate reason. Otherwise they owe her an apology and compensation for all the trouble they caused her.

Pyrosis 10-23-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You may think you are defending FTP and other poker rooms, but in fact "don't blame the sites" is one of the most damning things you can say about FTP and online poker in general.

Saying FTP is 'not to blame' is another way of saying they aren't responsible. The same way a 4-year-old child is not responsible. As in FTP accepts $47000 bankrolls and then is not responsible for what happens next.

No one wants to trust significant sums of money to a business that isn't responsible. FTP suspended OP's account and FTP must be responsible for their actions. Otherwise they aren't a real business.

PS: Let me be clear that I have no opinion about OP's problem. I don't know why FTP suspended her account or why it is taking so long to resolve. I'm just tired of the 'dog-ate-my-homework' attitude constantly expressed by so many apologists for online poker. OP is the customer and FTP is the alleged responsible business holding her money. FTP needs to answer to her for its actions. It doesn't matter what her opponents did, what Gatorade said, how overworked their staff is, or anything else. FTP has frozen her money for a long time and they should have a legitimate reason. Otherwise they owe her an apology and compensation for all the trouble they caused her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. 11 days to investigate an account(s) is just too long and based on OP's regards for the lack of communication by FT, this just represents bad customer service. Sites have an obligation to ensure that players feel safe with leaving and putting money on the site.

Henry17 10-23-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is saying FTP is not responsible but 11 days simply isn't a long period of time. Plenty of real businesses take much longer then that to investigate possible fraud. Do you think an insurance company that suspects a claim of fraud would finish an investigation in 11 days?

Pyrosis 10-23-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is saying FTP is not responsible but 11 days simply isn't a long period of time. Plenty of real businesses take much longer then that to investigate possible fraud. Do you think an insurance company that suspects a claim of fraud would finish an investigation in 11 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

True to some extent, but a player like OP who has stated that she has a long history of playing poker on FT for a good period of time deserves better service than this.

If you are a VIP on Stars, have Supernova status with about 1 billion FPPs, and a nice 5 digit bankroll kept there would it really be a good decision to lock this player out for 11+ days? It's not only bad service but ultimately a horrible business decision. You could lose the player and possibly more players if they no longer trust you with their money.

PS: If anyone has any other questions regarding CS issues, please post in this thread. Thanks

Questions about online poker site customer service?

MicroBob 10-23-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Henry - these complaints come up at FT all the time.
They almost never come up at Stars.
Is it because Stars never investigates their players?
Or is it because when Stars sees a situation they actually communicate with the players and work hard to resolve the situation quickly due partly to realizing that they are being paid to do exactly that and also due to realizing that their customers who keep $47k on there deserve quick resolution.

FT can keep the player informed of what's happening. And if they have questions about a transfer or about a specific session they played or an accusation someone made against them you would THINK they would WANT to communicate with the player to actually get their explanation as to why such-and-such happened.

Again, this failure to communicate from a business that is holding $47k of money that is NOT THEIRS is completely inexcuseable.
Not that it would be appropriate if they were just holding $24.60 either...but with $47k on the line they should extra-aware that freezing it for that long can put an unnecessary burden on their customer.

It should also be noted that on previous occasions FT has given the "just be patient" line when actually being so kind as to respond to the e-mails they receive....then they say nothing...then they say, "we're taking all your money for inappropriate activities" or whatever and the customer STILL doesn't have any clue what it was they supposedly did.

I have no doubt that some of the people whose funds are frozen on FT are total scammers and CC-fraudsters, etc.
But it seems their system has too much potential to be an unnecessarily signfiicant burden on their completely innocent customers as may have been the case here.

sillysal 10-23-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I don't play high limit I knew I recognized that screen name from the past but it took me a moment. So is this event worse than losing 20k to Jimmywins88? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Well, while that was just plain insulting and humiliating, this on the other hand is quite different. I have read the posts where they say "if you've done nothing wrong, then you shouldn't worry". that my friends is the whole problem. I've done nothing wrong, and yet they still have frozen my account, given me NO Explanation and have not even bothered to send me an e mail for 4 days now. hence this post. There will always be those who won't believe this but there will be a fair amount of you , especially those who know me , who will. It is not right that at any time a site can freeze your account, give you no reason why, and comminucate with you minimally.

99killed 10-23-2007 07:01 PM

tell me again why ppl play anywhere else but stars. and rakeback is not a good reason.

sillysal 10-23-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can answer the following questions, I might be able to give you some better insight into your account investigation and as to what they are actually examining right now.

Also, check your HH and see if there have been any new and erratic players that have recently lost a lot to you. You might be the victim of a chip dump and be completely unaware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been on Fulltilt almost on a daily basis for well over a year.

Yes, I always play Hu mathces

No, I've had NO credit card deposits.

I did do a PtoP transfer but I've known the person for a very long time.

I did play a player I've never played before at 100/200 and he lost about 15 grand to me. He was horrible . He went on to a 200/400 Hu table and donked off the remaining 8 grand he had left. i don't recall his name.

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-23-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did play a player I've never played before at 100/200 and he lost about 15 grand to me. He was horrible . He went on to a 200/400 Hu table and donked off the remaining 8 grand he had left. i don't recall his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

TheComplainer?

Lester B 10-23-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you take a sucker for $15k and not remember their name?

Henry17 10-23-2007 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or is it because when Stars sees a situation they actually communicate with the players and work hard to resolve the situation quickly due partly to realizing that they are being paid to do exactly that and also due to realizing that their customers who keep $47k on there deserve quick resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my Stars account locked. I can't remember for how long but it was at least 2 weeks and maybe 3.

It wasn't till at least a week in that I finally was told what the investigation was about. A group of us that played at the local game would lend each other money and then settle up via Stars. One of them eventually committed some kind of charge-back fraud.

You have to remember that the site needs to deal with 3rd parties. So if the site is waiting on a decision from VISA the site can't do anything.

It sucks but I've had B&M banks do the same thing a couple of time simply because of making and withdrawing large cash amounts. No cheques just cash yet because of the quantities they locked my accounts. Twice it happened when I was away from home which really sucked.

Crane 10-23-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this a [censored] joke?

Henry17 10-23-2007 07:28 PM

The $15k Sucker is probably your source of trouble.

He could have picked you because you are a regular player and lost the $15k to you to set up a cover then went and dropped the $8k to his partner.

He could just have been an idiot and then when he lost he complained and had the deposits charged back.

It could have been a hacked account and the player complained now.

Black winter day 10-23-2007 07:30 PM

This is getting scary.
Only hear about those things regarding FTP...

Bobo Fett 10-23-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
DING DING DING DING!!!

InTheDark 10-23-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS. If you don't have access to your money you have everything to worry about.

All fund on deposit online at risk all the time. That's simple enoughh, eh?

good2cu 10-23-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is getting scary.
Only hear about those things regarding FTP...

[/ QUOTE ]

This hapens all the time at UB and they are 100X more shadier about it than ftp is.

bouglas 10-23-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be your issue. However regardless of this, FTP and all decent sites should have some kind of "account manager" for frequent and loyal players. I can understand the sleepless nights it can cause to have $47k suspended and many of these issues can be resolved if OP could simply speak to someone familiar on the telephone at FTP and they provide some reassurance to the situation. Some people have referred to insurance claims etc. waiting more than 11 days, however the point is they would at least have a contact to keep you informed of the situation.

FTPSean 10-23-2007 08:18 PM

sillysal,

I'll touch base with the security team on your case. While I don't know the details of your situation, it's likely they are waiting on information from other sources.

This doesn't excuse you being kept in the dark though. I'll see what I can find out by tomorrow.

Sean

Shock 10-23-2007 08:23 PM

Did you used to play a lot on Full Contact? I think i remember you playing a lot of HU there

augie_ 10-23-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sillysal,

I'll touch base with the security team on your case. While I don't know the details of your situation, it's likely they are waiting on information from other sources.

This doesn't excuse you being kept in the dark though. I'll see what I can find out by tomorrow.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY HELL! off all the things i expected from this thread, a ftp rep wasnt one of them!

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

BS Yee 10-23-2007 08:33 PM

I know SillySal and she is a very scary HU limit player. What she does, she does very well. This is inexcusable customer service from FT and crap like this certainly influences whether I play on PS or FT. I've had to deal with FT support in the past and it has been adequate to poor most of the time. PS has always been good to very good and in the wake of the AP scandal, I trust them a whole lot more now. If you're #2 in the market and you want to be #1, you can't dick around players like this. I hope FTPSean can get involved with this and get it resolved. It is a step in the right direction.

sillysal 10-23-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sillysal,

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sean.

I have recieved correspondence from jeremy E just about 20 minutes ago. He is apologetic for taking longer than the original 96 hours. He says he knows it is frustrating that he cannot be completely forthcoming with information.

While I appreciate that someone has responded to me, I agree with Bouglas (read above post by him) that it would be nice to have a REAL voice at FTP to speak with. As Bouglas stated and I'm sure all of you would imagine, that yes, I have had many sleepless nites and my nerves are very frayed. Receiving an ominous letter and just getting booted off the site with noone to reassure me that my money will not be confiscated can really mess with one's head. Being promised that after 96 hours all would be resolved and now we are into day 12. I have asked them to call me and ask me whatever they need, I've sent them everything they've asked for and then some. I was tempted to send in my last pap smear results and give them my daily BM report but felt that may have been overkill.

Any help at this stage would be great. Thanks

Pyrosis 10-23-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sillysal,

It appears that you are the victim of a potential chip dump and they are investigating to make sure you have no relationship/association/any doing with the alleged fraudsters.

Depending on how many players are involved then it can take up to weeks to finish depending on the amount of resources available and devoted to tracking the players down and given the site's history for regular crashes reported here on 2+2, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a strong back-end software to sustain customer support either. This would explain why your emails are taking so long to respond to right now, if you get any response at all.

I am appalled at Full Tilt's failure to at least disclose in a little more detail why they are performing an investigation on your account. Full details don't have to be released, but for a long time standing player like yourself they should give you more credit and treat you better.

Pyrosis 10-23-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my Stars account locked. I can't remember for how long but it was at least 2 weeks and maybe 3.

It wasn't till at least a week in that I finally was told what the investigation was about. A group of us that played at the local game would lend each other money and then settle up via Stars. One of them eventually committed some kind of charge-back fraud.

You have to remember that the site needs to deal with 3rd parties. So if the site is waiting on a decision from VISA the site can't do anything.

It sucks but I've had B&M banks do the same thing a couple of time simply because of making and withdrawing large cash amounts. No cheques just cash yet because of the quantities they locked my accounts. Twice it happened when I was away from home which really sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Henry17,

What Stars did was valid there. If you are not playing much and are p2ping money often enough, especially using credit cards then they should be locking accounts down and doing more heavy investigation. Also, the greater your relationship with the player that commits fraud, the less likely they are to release more information for the simple reason that they do not want you jumping around telling all your fraud buddies what they need to watch out for in order not to get caught.

nlnut 10-23-2007 11:29 PM

I had 27K frozen on FTP for six weeks. It was a very stressfull time for me. I was cleared and had my account re-opened and funds returned.

So as everyone else is saying, if you did nothing wrong you'll get it back.

However the communication was poor. FTP could never tell me ANY details of the investigation. Thats the most frustrating part

Best of luck