Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529488)

Nairb 10-26-2007 07:47 PM

Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one here that sees a possibility that FTP has strong evidence that OP violated some rules? I'm not saying OP is or accusing or anything, but PERHAPS there is reason FTP did this to a 47k customer. Its pretty easy to jump on the "i hate ftp" bandwagon, but lets say that they come out with information in a few days that shows OP used a bot, or cheated somehow. Then, would you still bash FTP for the way they handled this situation?

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I just think theres a reason FTP security is doing things the way they are, and I feel its for protection of players. I've never heard of them to take anyone's money without cause.

OP if you have done nothing wrong, then you really do have nothing to worry about. imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not somuch bashing FT but you have to admit that due to the sheer number of FT SCREWED ME threads that something is up. I never see such a thread about Stars. Either Stars
> FT or there are lots more shady players there.

Either way FT sure catches a lot of heat and where theres smoke.....

turtle82 10-26-2007 07:52 PM

Perhaps FTP has done this to innocent players before, and that is definitely wrong.

But I do disagree with "And whether guilty or innocent I think the site has an obligation to inform their players of what is going on and to respond to e-mails." If the party is very guilty and the website has proven evidence, then I don't think that they owe anything to the player.

I guess my point is.. It woudln't be hard for FTP to tell the customer what is at the heart of the investigation, so I believe that in certain situations, the customer is kept in the dark for a reason. I've never really heard of FTP (at least not within this year) not responding to players within 2-3 days in normal situations.

I guess I rather wait and see what the outcome is, before I pass judgement. If sillysal is innocent as she proclaims, then I will agree that FTP was very wrong in this situation, to scare a customer, and to waste 2-3 of their playing time. But if she is guilty of some fradulent activity, then I will have had no problem with how they handled it.

turtle82 10-26-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one here that sees a possibility that FTP has strong evidence that OP violated some rules? I'm not saying OP is or accusing or anything, but PERHAPS there is reason FTP did this to a 47k customer. Its pretty easy to jump on the "i hate ftp" bandwagon, but lets say that they come out with information in a few days that shows OP used a bot, or cheated somehow. Then, would you still bash FTP for the way they handled this situation?

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but I just think theres a reason FTP security is doing things the way they are, and I feel its for protection of players. I've never heard of them to take anyone's money without cause.

OP if you have done nothing wrong, then you really do have nothing to worry about. imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not somuch bashing FT but you have to admit that due to the sheer number of FT SCREWED ME threads that something is up. I never see such a thread about Stars. Either Stars
> FT or there are lots more shady players there.

Either way FT sure catches a lot of heat and where theres smoke.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you are coming from, but like i said above, I dont believe anybody has truly ever been "screwed" by FTP. Maybe mistreated, yes. Also, If you take a look through all of the "FTP screwed me" threads.. you'll notice a certain trend of "newcomer OP" complaints, and the usual "FTP SUCKS STARS RULES" posters.

I'm not an FTP cheerleader by any means, and i'm sure PokerStars customer service is overall better than FTP. But I think FTP is still fairly new at being one of the BIG poker sites, and I think they have improved very much in service.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 07:58 PM

She could be the most guilty bot or multi-accounter or colluder on the planet and that would still be no excuse for them to say, "if you don't stop bugging us we'll just make it take longer" or "we'll contact you within 72 hours....SIKE!!! Ha. Not Really!!"

Yes, they've had a history according to other posters on this forum of not responding to e-mails within 2-3 days. And also being very evasive in their responses.

They should be welcoming of a dialogue.
They should be willing to talk to their players.
They should assume some chance that the player is innocent and that confiscating $47k can be a huge burden on someone and that somebody in such a situation deserves better than the treatement FT is giving them.

turtle82 10-26-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She could be the most guilty bot or multi-accounter or colluder on the planet and that would still be no excuse for them to say, "if you don't stop bugging us we'll just make it take longer" or "we'll contact you within 72 hours....SIKE!!! Ha. Not Really!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

If she is the most guilty bot, or multi-accounter, or colluder, i can care less how FTP treats them lol.

I understand where you are going with the "we'll contact you within 72 hours" and then not, but I think you're taking it a bit far when you say you think she/he deserves anything if they are the "most guilty bot or multi-accounter or colluder on the planet".

I'm sure if she/he were guilty in cheating you of your money, and FTP was investigating it, that you could give two &#%#'s less how they treat him/her. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but maybe thats just me

apefish 10-26-2007 09:33 PM

Full Tilt does this regardless of whether the person turns out to be innocent or guilty.
It's their default bad support model.
This isn't an ends justify the means thing.

I hate feeling like I'm piling on, but people are correct- you simply don't get stories like this from Stars where their support simply go missing for days on end about a serious topic.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 09:40 PM

I think that a little piling-on is a decent idea in this situation if people would like to see change.

FT likely just looks at me as some hyper, over-vocal wind-bag who whines and bitches about everything anyway. Besides, I haven't even played on their site in forever.

I sispect they are more likely to listen if more people voice their opinion.
The less people complain the more they can think, "well, it only bothers a handful of players so doing things the same way we always have seems to be good enough for now."

turtle82 10-26-2007 09:50 PM

Well, the last thing i wanted was for this thread to be hi-jacked into another redundant "stars vs ftp" or "stars > ftp", and to be taken away from the OP's original post, so i'll agree to disagree and be on my way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

but surely since people can voice their opinion against FTP, I can voice mine for them. I've been very happy playing at both FTP and Stars, and have found my overall poker experience more profitable than Stars. I've always received polite and fast replies within hours, and have had a few situations resolved rather promptly.

OP, i'm sorry if you're proven innocent and your time has been wasted. FTP says that they are investigating you after watching you play for 96 hours, so there has to be some reason they are looking into this, your fault or not. Hope everything gets resolved!

Crane 10-26-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah yeah...you don't normally have phone-support.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this, a [censored] joke?

Bobo Fett 10-27-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I do disagree with "And whether guilty or innocent I think the site has an obligation to inform their players of what is going on and to respond to e-mails." If the party is very guilty and the website has proven evidence, then I don't think that they owe anything to the player.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a huge problem with this mindset. If a player is "under investigation", does that not mean their guilt or innocence has not been proven? IF FT knows they are guilty, their account will already be locked permanently, end of story. If they are under investigation, FT needs to communicate properly and come to a resolution as quickly as possible. How do you propose they communicate to the innocent and not to the guilty? They don't know if the person is guilty or innocent until AFTER they have or have not been treated well. You couldn't have a justice system where the innocent were given a fair trial and the guilty went straight to sentencing. The trial needs to come first.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my point is.. It woudln't be hard for FTP to tell the customer what is at the heart of the investigation, so I believe that in certain situations, the customer is kept in the dark for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not being able to share information with the player due to an ongoing investigation does not mean you tell them one thing and do another, and it does not mean you drag an investigation out without at least communicating with the player.

[ QUOTE ]
I've never really heard of FTP (at least not within this year) not responding to players within 2-3 days in normal situations.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you obviously don't read these forums on a regular basis. I haven't seen one of these threads in a while, but there have been a few this year. And of course I'm sure there's plenty more that DON'T post here.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I rather wait and see what the outcome is, before I pass judgement. If sillysal is innocent as she proclaims, then I will agree that FTP was very wrong in this situation, to scare a customer, and to waste 2-3 of their playing time. But if she is guilty of some fradulent activity, then I will have had no problem with how they handled it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, this makes no sense...the ends justifies the means? It will be OK that she was treated poorly if she is guilty, but if she is innocent...oops, now we have a problem?