Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529488)

sillysal 10-23-2007 02:53 PM

Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

I was booted off FT last Friday,Oct12th 10:15 pm. I received a letter stating that my account was suspended following a 96 hour investigation of my “table play”. I sent off a round of letters expressing my dissatisfaction. I was assured by Jeremy E. that this would be dealt with as soon as possible. I received another letter, Four days later, asking my for ID, such as a drivers license and electric bill of which I sent in promptly along with my bank account statement and passport . This was a week ago that they received my info.

I sent off another letter to Jeremy E. (by the way, I love how they ask for all of my personal information, and yet I correspond with a site I have NO IDEA where they are located and with a guy who won’t sign his last name) asking that he please unfreeze my account as I have complied with his wishes.

Today is Tues. Oct.23rd. It has been 11 DAYS since they froze my account. They have given me NO explanations as to why they have suspended my account other then they are compiling information. I have almost $47,000 in my FullTIlt account that I am unable to access.

My name is pokergirl z. Many of you know me either through this site or others. Some of you have met me personally. While I’m not a big poster on 2+2 , I have been a big presence on the High stakes heads up tables for well over 5 years.

In all my years of online gaming, this is the first time I’ve EVER had my account suspended for any reason.

Considering the bad press that online gaming is receiving these days I really hate to add fuel to the fire. Fulltilt has said that they “understand the position that this has put on me and others in”.

Has any one here in the forum had their accounts suspended? If so , what was the reason for the suspension and how was it resolved?

It puts us all in a precarious situation because if they decide they want to freeze your account or take your bankroll they can do as they please without any explanation or provocation. One of the only ways a player can really fight back is by posting their experiences.

ikestoys 10-23-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

well, anything you could be doing to set off alarm bells? Because they prob aren't doing this to simply smite you

HandHack1 10-23-2007 03:03 PM

That. Really. Bites.

sillysal 10-23-2007 03:11 PM

First off, I play there every single day. Last friday nite was just like any other. It's a reasonable question and as I stated they frooze my acount with no provocation. AND NO EXPLANATION. Other than they were investigating my "table play". Jeremy e. keeps apologizing for the inconveniencethis has put on me in, yet gives me no explanation as to why this has happened.

This is my warning to you all. I used to think that if a site freezes your money or takes away your bankroll that they had reason to do so. I'm here to tell you. I no longer believe that. You won't either if it happens to you.

Henry17 10-23-2007 03:18 PM

If you have done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Unfortunately there are so many people pulling scams on sites. Something brought you to security's attention. It could have been a transfer to or from someone who committed fraud, a friend who logged on from your machine once and then did something, someone you beat might have had charge-backs etc. As long as you know you didn't do anything then you'll be fine. It could take some time though. I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

They can't give you any explanation. It is very frustrating but until they are sure you were not involved and are just collateral damage giving out information will just educate people who scam sites.

Bobo Fett 10-23-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd expect to be locked out for at least 3 weeks, Which sucks but don't blame the sites blame the losers who try to defraud sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
True to an extent. The losers are the ones that cause the sites to investigate accounts, but that does NOT excuse FT for being so slow and non-communicative, something they are notorious for during these investigations.

Sponger. 10-23-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, I love how they ask for all of my personal information, and yet I correspond with a site I have NO IDEA where they are located and with a guy who won’t sign his last name

[/ QUOTE ]

You can find out where they are located, and lol

jkpoker 10-23-2007 03:32 PM

im going to go out on some wild speculation and ask

Did you do lots of P2P transfers for people.

AbreuTime 10-23-2007 03:43 PM

What games do you play? Recently play a drunk dude who donked off 5 buyins? You probably played someone who did a cc chargeback, and they have to decide if you were involved. My guess is that you were playing HU. Nothing you can do except volunteer info which may expediate the process (I.D.). You'll get your money back if you did nothing wrong.

Edit: Or you did some transfers with scammers.

Punker 10-23-2007 03:53 PM

I've played with pokergirl z - plays the mid-high limit HU tables all the time. From what I understand, they've been busting bots all over the place in those games (I'm sure you got a hefty refund in the last batch?). Maybe they suspect you are involved in it somehow, or perhaps you beat Gatorade out of a bit too much and he reported you.

Keep fighting the good fight and I'm reasonably confident it will all be resolved for you (assuming you're innocent).