Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521596)

Double Eagle 11-29-2007 01:38 AM

Re: *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread ***

Stephen Jackson is a man. That is all.

AllinDan 11-29-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think Monta will be better than Michael Redd, though obviously a different type of player and probably a worse rebounder. (And 6'3 instead of 6'6)

[/ QUOTE ]
prop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

how would you measure it?

what a ridiculous game. I thought the whole 4th quarter was just a practical joke on all us warriors fans, but. . .wow.

PITTM 11-29-2007 01:52 AM

First game of the season I missed. God our homegame is lame too. 715-915! at 915 people start leaving because theyre tired. im just gonna stay and watch warriors next time.

offTopic 11-29-2007 02:04 AM

Silly to say "great win" in game 14 in November, but this had all the earmarks of a tough loss...shoot like poo, Kings on the line all day, I'm driving home and they're down 4 late...I must've missed those 3s because when I turned the game on the TV, they were up 2.

Love the 4th quarter D, and even the FTs were good tonight!

Good win.

AllinDan 11-29-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus man..

[ QUOTE ]

I think Monta will be better than Michael Redd, though obviously a different type of player and probably a worse rebounder. (And 6'3 instead of 6'6)

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is prepared to be disappointed. I was actually thinking it'd be awesome if Martin reaches Redd's level (who is currently peaking). I'll poop my pants if Monta ever has that kind of impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I think I have a lower opinion on Redd than you do. He's a great shooter with range, and a great ft shooter, but not all that great on the boards or on D. Martin is already at his level and Monta will be. They may not be scoring 26/game, but Martin certainly would be given 19 shots/game, and Monta will get there, and will do more on D and create more for his teammates.

kidcolin 11-29-2007 02:20 AM

dan,

Not counting this season, I'm largely with you on Redd. I think Martin now is about the same as the Redd of the past couple of years, or darn close at least. Granted it's a small sample size, but Redd is taking it to a new level so far. Grabbing 6 boards and dishing out 4 dimes. I guess he's in a lot better shape this season and has committed to being more well rounded. I guess we'll see in April.

BobboFitos 11-29-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
prop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

how would you measure it?

what a ridiculous game. I thought the whole 4th quarter was just a practical joke on all us warriors fans, but. . .wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
we could set up like a 5k fund from both of us, escrow it away in an account accumulating interest, and in 20 years when both players are out of the league we compare stats

:P

Chris Daddy Cool 11-29-2007 08:36 AM

warriors are so sick right now. amazing they started off 0-6, now 7-7. clutch clutch clutch 3pointers by captain jack.

Vyse 11-29-2007 09:03 AM

i think monta ellis is one of the most overrated players in the nba right now.

offTopic 11-29-2007 01:23 PM

<Jim Barnett>

Against a team like the Warriors, Yao is going to get his...the key is to turn Tracy McGrady into a volume shooter.

</Jim Barnett>

Just picked up a 50-200mm lens for my camera, and going tonight...hopefully the shooting improves over last night!