Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Pancreatitis (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453364)

FeliciaLee 07-17-2007 01:31 PM

Pancreatitis

Sorry I haven't been online in the past 2.5 weeks. I was in the hospital. I would have contacted you, but I was pretty out of it, plus it was an emergency. I started out in an Arizona hospital, then was transferred to Sunrise up there. I got out last night, but have to go to Mayo down in Phoenix.

I don't really know when I'll be back. I guess it depends on how long treatment takes.

If you need to replace me temporarily, please don't hesitate. I'll also post this in the Mod forum.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4_2_it 07-17-2007 01:33 PM

Re: Pancreatitis

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Get Well Soon.

*TT* 07-17-2007 01:42 PM

Felecia - is this related to the cancer treatment?

sending you good wishes....

FeliciaLee 07-17-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Felecia - is this related to the cancer treatment?

sending you good wishes....

[/ QUOTE ]
No clue, but I wouldn't think so. I guess a lot of people who get Pancreatitis never find out the cause of it. So far, they know I have it, but they don't know the cause. I was in Bullhead City hospital for four days, then Sunrise for two weeks. All they could find was that I had it, but not the cause (which means they can't treat it; pancreatitis has no cure). I am hoping Mayo will be able to do something for me. Glenn is going to drive us down, it is better than an ambulance trip.

Sorry I don't know more yet.

citanul 07-17-2007 01:57 PM

Felecia,

Get better soon, k?

other,

please to be not adding me as an omaha mod as I'd ban all those morons and there would be nothing left.

Mat Sklansky 07-17-2007 02:16 PM

I spend a lot of time in the O8 forum. I'm writing a book on limit omaha eight or better. In fact, I asked Mason if I could send it to him when it's finished, and he agreed to look at it. I have no idea where I stand with you or the other admins, but I can say that I care about the O8 forum and would happily co-mod the forum. And if not, I hope that we could pick a mod who could further some improvements in the forum such as an updated sticky, more discussions, and things like the NL forums have done to promote more interest and cohesiveness in their forums.

FeliciaLee 07-17-2007 02:18 PM

He would be one of my last picks. But maybe he really has reformed.

Mat Sklansky 07-17-2007 02:26 PM

O8 forum mod

Mat,

I saw that Felicia may ask you about a temporary or permanent co-mod for the O8 forum. I am a frequent poster in the forum, read it several times a day. I'd be happy to help out for however long is needed.

To the extent background info may be relevant, I'm 40 years old, am an attorney in NJ, and have been playing O8 for more than 15 years.

Thanks.

Niss

Mike Haven 07-17-2007 03:24 PM

You said tit! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Get well soon.

xx

Jim Kuhn 07-17-2007 04:49 PM

Praying for your speedy recovery.

Best wishes,

Jim

citanul 07-17-2007 05:03 PM

absolutely not on Tx.

i'd love to help out and am reading every post in that forum these days but cannot actually say that i can do it.

sadly i've also not been around long enough to give any real opinions on who should be aside from some nos.

NT! 07-17-2007 08:11 PM

i would say no on tx too, even though i think he has improved

niss would probably be fine

*TT* 07-17-2007 08:12 PM

There have been a lot of good Omaha articles in the magazine lately from people like Buzz. Are any of them potential fill-in mods?

RR 07-18-2007 01:10 AM

My wife is upset. The one person from 2+2 that she has met is sick. Get well soon.

*TT* 07-18-2007 01:15 AM

Were you sick when we saw one another last month? I remember you had to go home earlier than expected, and something about not wanting to sit for a long time - its all hazy.

MrWookie 07-18-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would say no on tx too, even though i think he has improved

niss would probably be fine

[/ QUOTE ]

MrWookie 07-18-2007 01:53 AM

Also,

http://www.wondercliparts.com/get_we...raphics_14.gif

kyleb 07-18-2007 05:46 AM

buzz would be the best moderator if he was around ever. have you guys read his posts? they are ridiculous.

AJFenix 07-18-2007 10:23 AM

Best wishes on your recovery. On a side note, beset brought it to my attention that the tone in the Omaha High forum might be a bit too much. He claims that threads get dominated by trash-talking between 3 or 4 posters, and even though they are good posters things have gone downhill in general. He said he doesnt expect me to fix it but that people are messaging him complaining , given that he used to be mod there. He says there are some people in those threads daily that could maybe smooth things out as mod.

Although some of the threads will have bickering within them, the OP's are on topic and post hands they want input on, and input is what they receive. Sometimes that input will have some berating and bickering attached and it may derail the thread to an extent and some ppl may feel it takes away from the forum, but this is somewhat common in any strat forum, although maybe moreso in PLO. I think the forum is far from in crisis, but I could be wrong. What are your opinions on it?

entertainme 07-18-2007 11:29 AM

Felicia,

I'm so sorry that you're not well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] You are in my prayers.

FeliciaLee 07-18-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you sick when we saw one another last month? I remember you had to go home earlier than expected, and something about not wanting to sit for a long time - its all hazy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nooo. I just forgot my seat cushion and Binion's had none at the time (they have since stocked up). Their chairs are pretty bad.

The GI says I've probably been having attacks for a while, but just ignoring them since the symptoms were so mild. This one is a biggie.

FeliciaLee 07-18-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best wishes on your recovery. On a side note, beset brought it to my attention that the tone in the Omaha High forum might be a bit too much. He claims that threads get dominated by trash-talking between 3 or 4 posters, and even though they are good posters things have gone downhill in general. He said he doesnt expect me to fix it but that people are messaging him complaining , given that he used to be mod there. He says there are some people in those threads daily that could maybe smooth things out as mod.

Although some of the threads will have bickering within them, the OP's are on topic and post hands they want input on, and input is what they receive. Sometimes that input will have some berating and bickering attached and it may derail the thread to an extent and some ppl may feel it takes away from the forum, but this is somewhat common in any strat forum, although maybe moreso in PLO. I think the forum is far from in crisis, but I could be wrong. What are your opinions on it?

[/ QUOTE ]
That is how the PLO forum has always worked. Whenever I've tried to "fix it" I get feedback from everyone that they liked it better being able to argue all of the time. I finally just took Mat's approach and let them duke it out on their own. I lock spamming threads, obvious things, etc, but mostly let them moderate themselves, which is to mean no moderation. They seem to like it that way, and I only get a complaint here and there, mostly by newbies, who tend to become like the regular crew once they play enough PLO and find out how frustrating it is.

*TT* 07-18-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
buzz would be the best moderator if he was around ever. have you guys read his posts? they are ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

He honestly might be one of the top 10 best strategy posters on the site, he is sick good.

citanul 07-18-2007 11:58 AM

Felica, AJ,

Yeah, I'm mostly in the school of "let them work their stuff out on their own."

At some point though, if the Ribbo/Troll Inc "debates" continue they will just have gone too far. For a couple of guys who play like .5/1 and 1/2 they sure do a lot of telling everyone else (mostly each other) they suck and don't know what they are talking about. This isn't so bad but they appear to intend to start a bunch of threads basically calling each other out. That, to me, is pretty lame. When you add "all stars" like BluffThis to the mix, it can get ugly quick.

Anyways, feel better quick!

c

AJFenix 07-18-2007 02:38 PM

Fair enough, and once again gl on a speedy recovery.

El Diablo 07-18-2007 04:07 PM

Felicia: Get well soon!

All: As has been said, Buzz is awesome.

ajmargarine 07-18-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He honestly might be one of the top 10 best strategy posters on the site, he is sick good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buzz is teh awesome.

nation 07-18-2007 07:54 PM

Get well soon felicia.

*TT* 07-18-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smell a "draft Buzz" movement brewing. i rarely read the O8 forum but I would at least once a week if he posted more often - he is teh awesome!

durron597 07-18-2007 09:01 PM

i echo every post wookie has made in this thread

citanul 07-18-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was more work than it was worth.

MrWookie 07-19-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was more work than it was worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguably more work than I put into any post of mine in here [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Ryan Beal 07-19-2007 02:28 AM

Get well soon.

citanul:
[ QUOTE ]
absolutely not on Tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my reaction.

RR 07-19-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I smell a "draft Buzz" movement brewing. i rarely read the O8 forum but I would at least once a week if he posted more often - he is teh awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is who I think he is he is one of the few pleasant Omaha/8 players in LA.

FeliciaLee 08-22-2007 12:41 PM

Re: Pancreatitis (update)

I just arrived home for a week. I've been in the hospital for most of the past two months. It sure hasn't been fun. Now I have a feeding tube sticking out of my stomach. I still can't eat. I have a machine that pumps liquid food in. In about a week I am going to have another surgery to make the hole bigger. The doctor wants a big hole so that he can take a camera and look inside of my anatomy to find out what is causing such horrible pancreatitis. I will take about a month to heal from that second surgery next week, and then the exploratory one. Hopefully after that there will be some kind of cause known, and then I can live a relatively normal life again and get off of this tube and back home for good. I am being treated by a guy who specializes in pancreatitis, mostly very tough cases. He is from UMC down in Tucson, which is about 5-6 hours from here, but seems worth it, as no one else wanted my case and basically just sent me home to die.

Thanks for all of the e-mails and PM's. I hope I have better news soon.

El Diablo 08-22-2007 12:55 PM

Felicia,

Hope they get this figured out, sounds like a very rough time. Best wishes for your recovery.

EMc 08-22-2007 01:10 PM

Felicia,

Feel Better

*TT* 08-22-2007 01:18 PM

sending my best wishes for a recovery....

MrWookie 08-22-2007 02:12 PM

Wow, Felicia. I'm glad to hear you're still kickin', but that's sure a scary time. You'll have my prayers.

tuq 08-22-2007 02:16 PM

FL,

From a fellow Arizonan, I'm using my ten thousandth post to wish you the best of luck and hope you get through it OK. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]