Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do you believe in Tilt Equity? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503344)

Donkey-Milker 09-17-2007 09:08 PM

Do you believe in Tilt Equity?

Tilt Equity - deliberately and consciously attempting to mentally unsettle an opponent at the poker table in the belief that this will make them play to a poorer standard than they currently are and you will subsequetly benefit financially.

does it happen?

would you do it in a live environment?

do you only do it at stakes that matter?

what would you do to tilt them?

what wouldn't you do?

see ..... i am struggling with this....

i kinda respect Grimstarr for being in unethical at the tables. it takes balls to be different and tbh acting this way has probably made him a lot of money that he would not have if he didn't tilt his opponents. it's like an advanced psychological strategy...

also note - yes i am a douche. yes this thread may be deleted. ye si may be perma-ip-banned. yes you want me to die in a fire or whatever. no it won't happen as i always turn the grill off after cooking bacon.

ok let's see where this goes... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

mugatu668 09-17-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Do you believe in Tilt Equity?

Yeah. When someone calls off their whole stack on a gutshot, they might not have great odds in the traditional sense, but if they crack your top set they have made a very +EV decision. It is the hidden mathematics which all fish subconsciously know.

thrasher789 09-17-2007 09:13 PM

I finally understand poker

Stake Monster 09-17-2007 09:15 PM

I do. That's why I say "ty" everytime i win a pot.

DJ Sensei 09-17-2007 10:41 PM

the art of inducing tilt is one of the more fun aspects of successful play if you can do it without them knowing. Against weaker players (particularly in live games, but also online) showing a big bluff at the right time is the only trigger you need to have stacks of money flooding the table from a deep-pocketed hothead.

if you do it too obviously and brashly, there are a lot more potential consequences, the greatest of which is losing your fish. Whether its ethical or not doesn't really matter when there are smarter ways to complete the desired task.

johndenver 09-17-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate you

Jeff_B 09-17-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate you

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

PrimogenitoX 09-17-2007 11:13 PM

ty

ibluffoldladies 09-17-2007 11:14 PM

yw

Warteen 09-17-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate you

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL