Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I suck at poker , easy fold pf with AQo right ? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473209)

tightymcfish 08-09-2007 08:45 AM

I suck at poker , easy fold pf with AQo right ?

This is the 30k 3r on Stars. Rebuy period is over and I have a stack of ~6k after losing JJ vs AQ. Blinds just changed to 200/400 with antes about 2 hands ago.

Villain is a donkey who limp calls a lot preflop and has been hitting to get a 24k stack. He rarely raises which is why I think this is an easy fold.

Villain is UTG and opens to 1200,all fold to hero who is in the Button with AQo. Obvious fold right. I suck so much. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

levAA 08-09-2007 08:48 AM

Re: I suck at poker , easy fold pf with AQo right ?

[ QUOTE ]
Obvious fold right.

[/ QUOTE ]

right

flippetyflop 08-09-2007 08:59 AM

Is calling/folding here read dependent? Or would you outright fold aq here to any player who makes a standard 3 x bb utg raise?

levAA 08-09-2007 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is calling/folding here read dependent? Or would you outright fold aq here to any player who makes a standard 3 x bb utg raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure it's read dependant for me.
against some loose-aggressive player, that has a wider opening range i would call with position anytime.
also against a weak postflop player i'd call this.
here the given reads
[ QUOTE ]
He rarely raises

[/ QUOTE ]
make it an easy fold.

MJBuddy 08-09-2007 11:00 AM

There's totally not enough information. Is he limp/calling with AK? Is TT+ Really out of his range? Standard is call and reevaluate on the flop.

black666 08-09-2007 11:08 AM

Tough one .. especially in a $3R .. people do crazy stuff there. What were his calling hands? Maybe he just is a loose player and didn't get any cards to raise but didn't want to fold either.

The typical $3R player would raise AJ+,88+ here and even that is pretty tight for this tourney.

15xBB is just at the border were I don't like shoving a 3xBB raise anymore (but against villain's range it still can be +EV), so I'd just call. Play a good hand in position.

Sherman 08-09-2007 11:40 AM

I'd probably shove.

Kyle Flynn 08-09-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerfarian 08-09-2007 11:49 AM

Jeez, why do some many people want to call for 20% of our stack. It really should be push/fold. I shove because the read doesn't seem strong and so I default to putting them on a typically loose range for a 3R.
I don't get the "15xBB is just at the border were I don't like shoving a 3xBB raise" -- slightly more is OPTIMAL (since as is they should call even with just 40% equity against your range) and I'll happily shove over for quite a lot more.

MJBuddy 08-09-2007 11:52 AM

If I really really felt like villain was a rock, I'm probably calling and hoping I flop - Rocks typically won't let their hands go so if my card is one over to his PP I'll do fine.