Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Picking up some work chick... gameplan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557414)

Rush 11-29-2007 06:13 PM

Picking up some work chick... gameplan

So I volunteered at the food bank the other day during work hours (I work at a big corporation) for some Christmas campaign. It was either sit at my desk or go volunteer so I figured why not.

So I meet some new people from the office while at the food bank, one of them being some good looking chick that seemed pretty cool and we had a good time joking around and [censored].

I only got her first name and where she works (on the same floor as me way at the other end of a big building)... so I looked her up in the corporate IM directory and messaged her today:

me (her name)
me how are the zombies down on the southside?
her: LOL.i'm actually working from home so don't have to suffer too much today.
me lucky you
me the guy beside me just got back from the food bank
me said Lorne ran all the same lines on them
her haha. guess it's a script.
me "any HR around??? you have beautiful eyes!" (the guy running it was a 60 year old man hitting on these 21 year old chicks)
her no way! even those lines? that's brutal!
me haha buddy was mad
her that's too funny.
me anyway drop by the north side some time when the zombies get to you
me i have some beer at my desk
her will do. maybe i'll wander around there tomorrow and find you guys.
me sure, sounds good!

Most of what I said is based on some references to our time at the food bank. I figured to keep it short to minimize the stalker-ishness.

Anyway I figured I'll post here as it develops (and probably into nothing but whatever) if anyone wants to comment or give advice... I don't really care either way. A bunch of us are going out after work tomorrow so if I can manage to get her out there that'd be sweet.

RoundGuy 11-29-2007 06:17 PM

Re: Picking up some work chick... gameplan

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I figured I'll post here as it develops

[/ QUOTE ]
OOT waits with bated breath.

CappyAA 11-29-2007 06:22 PM

She thinks you're weird and a stalker.

zyrrth 11-29-2007 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She thinks you're a freak and a very weird dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2_it 11-29-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She thinks you're weird and a stalker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't disappoint her.

vikefan24 11-29-2007 06:28 PM

Pics to see if I want to follow a long with your journey of not getting any..

CappyAA 11-29-2007 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's obv. OP is not getting any. He messaged her randomly which required him to perform stalkerish activities, her responses back were short and punctuated, and she finished with MAYBE she'll stop by as opposed to that she'll stop by and hang out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this girl has no intentions to hang out with OP.

NozeCandy 11-29-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's obv. OP is not getting any. He messaged her randomly which required him to perform stalkerish activities, her responses back were short and punctuated, and she finished with MAYBE she'll stop by as opposed to that she'll stop by and hang out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this girl has no intentions to hang out with OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love the instant analysis from all the Don Juan's out there.

TomCollins 11-29-2007 06:36 PM

Your next play is to wait for hers. Or to tell her you have a girlfriend. Or to find a skanky girl to be your girlfriend that you don't even like first so its more realistic. This always works.

mak15 11-29-2007 06:51 PM

everyone having a bad day or something? I think OP has a fine chance and looking up a coworker you had a good time talking and joking around with on the company directory isn't stalkerish at all.

also she said she'd maybe come by "tomorrow" which i think is a far better sign than if she had said maybe she'd come by "sometime" for those of you who want to analyze.

Rush 11-29-2007 06:56 PM

I realize pics are mandatory in OOT so I'll work on that...

As for stalkerish - it's pretty much impossible not to come off as stalkerish when persuing some chick in this scenario. The goal is to minimize it which I'm trying to do. If I didn't add her to IM this week then I lost my chance, as I might as well grow a handlebar stache and drive a white van to work if I do it sometime in the future.

The way I looked at it was I either do something this week (at the expense of it not being the ideal approach) or my opportunity is gone for good.

And yeah, if she doesn't come by tomorrow then I agree, it's probably done. But if she does then this thread might get more interesting.

JJSCOTT2 11-29-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize pics are mandatory in OOT so I'll work on that...

As for stalkerish - it's pretty much impossible not to come off as stalkerish when persuing some chick in this scenario. The goal is to minimize it which I'm trying to do. If I didn't add her to IM this week then I lost my chance, as I might as well grow a handlebar stache and drive a white van to work if I do it sometime in the future.

The way I looked at it was I either do something this week (at the expense of it not being the ideal approach) or my opportunity is gone for good.

And yeah, if she doesn't come by tomorrow then I agree, it's probably done. But if she does then this thread might get more interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you did fine and definitely had to IM her now or never since it only gets creepier by the day. If she shows up tomorrow you've got a decent chance.

johnnylovescandy 11-29-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"any HR around??? you have beautiful eyes!" (the guy running it was a 60 year old man hitting on these 21 year old chicks)

[/ QUOTE ]

just caught a glimpse of my future.

chucksim 11-29-2007 08:57 PM

You did well. Action's on her. See what happens.

blackize 11-30-2007 07:22 AM

Lol at "I've got beer at my desk"

Peter Harris 11-30-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol at the insinuated "I've got wang at my desk"

[/ QUOTE ]

JokersAttack 11-30-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
will do. maybe i'll wander around there tomorrow and find you guys

[/ QUOTE ]

she is trying to relieve the awquardness of the situation by turning it into a group thing rather than a you/her thing. Thus you need to ease off a bit. Let her make the next move.

siccjay 11-30-2007 08:11 AM

Doesn't seem so bad if she dug you at all. Keeping it short was good.

grando 11-30-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't seem so bad if she dug you at all. Keeping it short was good.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

lose the exclamation marks though

quirkasaurus 11-30-2007 10:31 AM

talk to her about other good-looking girls in the office
that you are keen on. guage reaction.

fire up her competitiveness.

rubixxcube 11-30-2007 10:36 AM

I actually don't think this is very stalkerish at all looking her up in the Corporate directory. You guys got along at the food drive, had some laughs so you signed on to IM to say hi real quick, she may even be flattered that you looked her up. I don't think using a phone book makes you a stalker,. in some ways it makes you look confident which girls like.

Also i actually think you have a decent shot because of this:

"her will do. maybe i'll wander around there tomorrow and find you guys."

As someone mentioned she said TOMORROW instead of sometime and said WILL DO.

If she had no interest she would have said something like, well i'm pretty busy lately here at work so i don't know when i could.

Lastly, the thing about saying "You guys", somebody said this was a bad sign, i'm going to disagree. Girls are much different then us guys in general, they are coy and like to play games and are not very forward (with some exceptions)so they say things like "I'll come find YOU GUYS" and not "I'll come by and slob your knob at your desk while we get drunk".

In some regards saying YOU GUYS make her not seem like a stalker and i actually think is a little flirty on her part.

esad 11-30-2007 11:01 AM

If your office layout looks like this you might have a chance
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8...oorplansw7.png

You'll probably want to do her here though, right under the desk. Bring a pillow.
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3667/desklolmg8.jpg

GovmentCheese 11-30-2007 11:50 AM

Jesus.. half the battle is done. You showed some kind of sign that you like her. If she responds favorably, you're golden.

Wilco23 11-30-2007 11:56 AM

Ball is in her court. Just make sure you're not violating some stupid company policy about this kind of thing. You've shown the initiative, so she what her next move is. If she IM's you or comes around, you're gold. If not, play it cool until you see her again. Maybe get a happy hour together and invite her with a group - it feels less like you're working her and more of a "get to know" her thing.

ardubz 11-30-2007 01:00 PM

Props for taking a shot, but she doesn't seem to be all that interested. She said the exact same things that someone who wasn't interested would say.

her: will do. maybe i'll wander around there tomorrow and find you guys.

Ouch.

You do talk smooth though, I give you that. Hope it works out.

Avicka 11-30-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
talk to her about other good-looking girls in the office
that you are keen on. guage reaction.

fire up her competitiveness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea! Then she will really know you're not just trying to get into your coworkers' pants. Way to diffuse the situation...

Rush 11-30-2007 05:26 PM

Nothing today.... she was offline from corporate IM all afternoon.

Will leave the ball in her court or until I randomly run into her.

Thread will die unless something happens or if I can manage to get the warranted pics.

scott1 11-30-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing today.... she had me blocked on corporate IM all afternoon.

Will leave the ball in her court or until I randomly run into her.

Thread will die unless something happens or if I can manage to get the warranted pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just messing with you. Good luck.

Dorothy Mantooth 11-30-2007 05:54 PM

My GF, who I met at work, just read the OP and thinks you have no shot.

traz 11-30-2007 05:58 PM

As it is, nothing can be taken from the conversation. It all sounds like standard banter.

I met my gf at work too (safeway). I threw ice at her until she agreed to go out with me. Trying upping the violence.

4_2_it 11-30-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing today.... she was offline from corporate IM all afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

does not compute with

[ QUOTE ]
her will do. maybe i'll wander around there tomorrow and find you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

No chance. My advice to would-be stalkers is to start out online at places like Facebook and MySpace. Once you've honed your stalking techinques then it's time to work your game in real life. Start at Cheese E Cheese. Work your way up through arcades and amusement parks before attempting a work target.

El Diablo 11-30-2007 07:48 PM

OP,

Like 42 says, next time stalk the girl online first. Then when you IM her you can be like "Hey, what's up? Things are kinds slow here. Just hanging out here in the north building listening to the new Meiko song and reading A Thousand Splendid Suns."

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-30-2007 08:00 PM

make her a mixed tape

wonderwes 11-30-2007 08:46 PM

Hopefully she doesn't just hook up with your boss.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79...s/lumbergh.jpg

zyrrth 12-01-2007 09:47 PM

i'm bored , updates!