Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I have the heart of a lion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505075)

electrical 09-20-2007 01:29 AM

I have the heart of a lion

What does everybody think of this insane aggression? At the time I had the feeling a river raise certainly wouldn't get cold-called by the 6 seat, and would not get paid off by seat 8 with a worse hand. Also, I would hate a re-raise.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___brings-in ___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls ___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___completes
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___calls

4th Street - (4.70 SB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks

5th Street - (2.35 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___bets

6th Street - (5.35 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ___checks
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ___checks

River - (5.35 BB)

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx ___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx ___bets

Total pot: (7.35 BB - $73.50)

xxeximusxx 09-20-2007 01:32 AM

Re: I have the heart of a lion

RERAISE!!!

Disclaimer: i cant be .2/.4 stud

Andy B 09-20-2007 01:45 AM

This is what happens when you listen to too much Urge Overkill.

I'm pretty sure I play it the same.

SGspecial 09-20-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure I'm way more guilty of that than Steve.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I play it the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering why hero didn't raise on 5th st. He can't be more than a slight equity underdog with what is clearly the best draw, and both villains have played so weakly that at the very least he can force them to define their hands better.

*TT* 09-20-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl.... you'll see a showdown.... soon.

PoorLawyer 09-20-2007 10:47 AM

I dont mind the river. the middle guy has called all the way. i'd say it is pretty likely he'll call the river so you get 2 bets when you win by going for the overcall and don't open yourself up to a raise.

Someone asked about raising 5th...I think you want to keep the Q hand in there, not be heads up with just a draw...if you already had the pair on 5th I think a raise would be the play so you can back into the winner easier.

Andy B 09-20-2007 11:22 PM

The combination of Steve Albini, Urge Overkill, and "guilty" strikes me as very appropriate. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]