Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Good books for cash games? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474431)

choccypie 08-10-2007 05:54 PM

Good books for cash games?

Apart from the theory of poker, are there any other decent books on NL cash games that are worth reading? Most books I've been recommended seem to be aimed at tournament play or limit games :/

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

pocketse7ens 08-10-2007 06:48 PM

Re: Good books for cash games?

Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I
No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice

dirty banana2007 08-10-2007 07:20 PM

how to dominate $1-$2 no limit by Sam Connor and no limit texas holdem by Angel Largay are two other options

LocustHorde 08-10-2007 07:33 PM

How about that beginner's book by Rusty Fox?? I've seen it on amazon but haven't read it, since the aboved-mentioned books are presumably better...

Sharagoz 08-10-2007 07:45 PM

Super System

DafarginNuts 08-10-2007 08:07 PM

I am puzzled how these same questions come up all the time and people continue to answer when all the person needs to do is look down the page.

choccypie 08-11-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am puzzled how these same questions come up all the time and people continue to answer when all the person needs to do is look down the page.

[/ QUOTE ]

At which thread, exactly?

Cheers for the other useful replies, btw ^^

DafarginNuts 08-11-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE LOOK at the posts. This IS the forum for books relating to poker. I just looked at several posts on the first two pages relating to your quary.

HH81 08-11-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PLEASE LOOK at the posts. This IS the forum for books relating to poker. I just looked at several posts on the first two pages relating to your quary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you just answer his question instead? Are you some sort of online security guard?

choccypie 08-12-2007 04:00 AM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/23...17c37e3601.jpg

Back to the point, I asked a specific question about books on cash games. Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

FoxInTheHenHouse 08-12-2007 12:07 PM

I'd definitely recommend these two;

No Limit Texas Holdem by Angel Largay
and
How To Dominate $1 and $2 No Limit Hold'Em by Sam O'Connor

Both of these books will improve your game and your bankroll. They are both relevant for today's online games and at "live" cash games.

cjk73 08-12-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Back to the point, I asked a specific question about books on cash games. Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, I'm guessing you left the search time to be within the last seven days, as this topic does come up quite often. I personally dont care but some here get tweaked.

As already mentioned, No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice and Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1.

JackCase 08-12-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did a ctrl + F for "cash" and "ring" before I posted, and vague threads like "best poker books???????" etc don't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ctrl-F only searches on the page you are viewing. Try the Search function at the top of the page, or just scroll back through previous threads that don't show on the first page.

Questions like this get asked very often, and people who responded last week are not likely to respond again. So you miss a lot of information if you don't check previous threads.

choccypie 08-12-2007 04:55 PM

I've it set so that each forum shows 99 threads. The earliest I can see goes back to 30/07.

Ta for the tip, didn't realise you can make the forum show dates earlier than this, but in any case, it's hardly "down the page" as the 6th post suggested [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

NoSetNoBet 08-13-2007 10:56 AM

Just finished reading Professional No-Limit Holdem Volume 1, and it is very good. It contains many concepts that I was already familiar with, but it ties it all together in a way I have not seen before, as well as adds some new things. So far, this is the best cash NL book I've read.

binions 08-13-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, this is the best cash NL book I've read.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

And it's not even close.

jeffnc 08-15-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PLEASE LOOK at the posts. This IS the forum for books relating to poker. I just looked at several posts on the first two pages relating to your quarry .

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your spelling

Praxising 08-16-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for future reference, I'm guessing you left the search time to be within the last seven days, as this topic does come up quite often. I personally dont care but some here get tweaked.

As already mentioned, No Limit Holdem: Theory and Practice and Professional No Limit Holdem Vol 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a pretty simple answer to this if it bothers you so much. Do a search, mine the threads and post a thread of recommended books for cash - or for trny's, or for whatever - just book lists, publisher's info and a link to the thread you found it in. Then ask the Mod to sticky these amazingly useful threads you have created, which can be added to as new books appear. Then, the rest of this forum can be used for in-depth discussion of individual books.

Because god forbid there should be a book discussion area and people should come in and ask for book recommendations and not behave the way YOU think they should and so you can just hijack the thread with a lot of useless attack posts.

Some people LIKE having a reason to post their favorite book or just talk to a new person. It's community. Culture. And you don't make rules around here.

OP, I thought Antonio Esfadiari's WPT book on cash game play was surprisingly good. Cannot remember the title.