Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Top pair + NFD vs a flop c/r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=492032)

sc000t 09-02-2007 03:14 PM

Top pair + NFD vs a flop c/r

I was watching a friend play and trying to make sure he didn't do anything too stupid as he is still learning the game. I don't have the exact HH but I think I can remember how it went.

No GREAT read on villian. Nothing out of the ordinary from him though. Wasn't being super aggressive so didn't stand out from the 8 tabling session. Probably has a little bit of weak/passiveness in him. And didn't keep his stack topped off at 100bb.

Hero is 8 tabling, not sure if villian is aware. Has been playing pretty tight and doing a lot of folding preflop and c/f on flops due to just a run of pretty bad hands. Railing the game I sorta got the image of a nut peddler for the Hero, but not sure thats how villian sees him.

Hero ($400)
Villian ($320)

2/4 stars 6max PLO

Folds to Hero in button and he raises to $7 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB folds
BB calls

Flop: ($15)
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian checks, Hero???

Whats our line here vs villian at 50bb/100bb and 200bb effective stacks.

Action if you lead will be a c/r by villian for 3/4psb.

Turn card will be the T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Assume Villian leads for PSB if we call any flop.

iggymcfly 09-02-2007 04:03 PM

Re: Top pair + NFD vs a flop c/r

On the flop, we always pot it if checked to. We've got a made hand that's likely good, yet vulnerable, and a very good draw as well. With the drawy board, if we had 50 BB stacks, I'd probably push if C/Red as we could easily be against a worse draw and our 9 has some decent showdown value. At 100 BB or deeper, I'd just call the C/R on the flop and then call the PSB on the turn as well, looking to improve before committing to the hand.

pete fabrizio 09-02-2007 04:37 PM

how does he raise to $7 in a 2-4 game?

sc000t 09-02-2007 04:48 PM

Practice Pete...practice.

Messed up OP obv, was thinking for a 1/2 game.

Hero raised $12 on button and villian called.

$26 in on flop.

pete fabrizio 09-02-2007 05:41 PM

at 100 bb i pretty much never slow down here. you're way ahead of his chk-raise-call range. at 200 bb i prob call and make the best of positional advantage.

Elrazor 09-02-2007 05:59 PM

i tend to play these spots fairly passivly, but im starting to wonder if thats entirely optimal? for sure i think felting 50bb is standard, but i usually call down to river with 100bb+ to try improve. however when villan could easily be in love with a hand like 6789 with hearts repopping the flop can become quite attractive

axel 09-02-2007 08:44 PM

i think i would rais pot if reraised to 60 i just call the extra 45 thinking he might be on a draw with flush and str8 anf knowing he has a lot behinde

cts 09-02-2007 09:18 PM

with up to 150bb or so I just play this hand as the stone nuts on the flop and never stop raising

iggymcfly 09-02-2007 09:25 PM

Well, when I said to just call with 100 BB, I was going with the pot size listed. In the actual hand, with $320 effective stacks and $30 in the pot on the flop, I'd definitely push over a raise to $90.