Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Common situation, what's your line? JJ after 3betting. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=532640)

KvGalen 10-27-2007 02:51 PM

Common situation, what\'s your line? JJ after 3betting.

6max 400nl game, 110bb eff stacks. The table is not playing very aggro, not too much 3betting preflop.

UTG+1 plays 19/15/2.2, he's decent but not too aggro, no further reads.
Hero is 22/17/2.4 and is in the sb with red Jacks
there is no specific history
Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG+1 opens to 14$, 2 folds, sb Hero 3bets to 50$, BB folds utg+1 calls.

Flop comes 6s 7s Tc.
You just bet/call? Or shouldnt you 3bet Jacks if you cant bet/call on these kind of flops?

I always wonder what to do in this spot, bet/calling seems bad against tight players because youre either crushed or only a few % ahead, but bet/folding seems ugly too cause hes shoving al his draws and he's isnt going to call with a lot of hands.

Check/call and check/raise seem pretty ugly too so i'm curious to see your opinions.

NaobisDad 10-27-2007 03:06 PM

Re: Common situation, what\'s your line? JJ after 3betting.

Here is a spot i'll be playing differently against many opponents.

My first instinct is to check (call) here, despite the fact that after a bet the turn will be rather tricky for me.

Against some aggressive opposition I like to bet/call here. Typically against the type of players who tend to shove a lot of dangerous flops like this to get you off QQ/JJ Tx type of hands.

MatthewRyan 10-27-2007 03:10 PM

Personaly I would just bet/call. its like you said, if you are not willing to get it in when u flop an overpair I feel that you shouldn't 3bet oop preflop. It also depends on how u play , the looser you are and the more u 3 bet the better it is to get in here.

KvGalen 10-27-2007 03:11 PM

yeah forgot to add my image, ill edit that

AAismyfriend 10-27-2007 03:16 PM

I think you can bet fold against the described opponent. WTF is an uncreative, solid, straightforward, not too aggressive TAG raising/shoving with here that we are ahead of? Seems like SA/WB to me. If he's a bit more LAGy/aggro/has propensity to get out of line sometimes than obviously get it in and feel pretty good about it.

Laetus 10-27-2007 03:59 PM

I actually don't mind a call pre, b/c we can't bet/call this profitable imo. Our equity against TT+ and AKs/AQs is just 16% - this is worst case scenario but even if we add in some extra hands that we beat, it's surely won't make our equity good enough (we need 35% equity if we bet like 75$ on flop ). Besides QQ has like 35% equity against the same range.

VictorEnriq 10-27-2007 04:05 PM

I think I'm off for stacks here. You must bet no matter what, no discussion there. If you're not calling the shove then flat call preflop and lose a ton of value.

I think this player might raise flop with AT for instance.

But like AA above stated, you might as well fold the push. I guess someone could make a little math, I'm not felling like doing it though! Edit. Oh thanks Laetus

Suwalski 10-27-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can bet fold against the described opponent. WTF is an uncreative, solid, straightforward, not too aggressive TAG raising/shoving with here that we are ahead of? Seems like SA/WB to me. If he's a bit more LAGy/aggro/has propensity to get out of line sometimes than obviously get it in and feel pretty good about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is our plan on turn, if he calls our flop bet on the following turns: Jack, nine, deuce or a king? not completing any flushes.

d2themfi 10-27-2007 04:31 PM

I think i would usually just CC this preflop vs a 19/15 from EP. It would depend tho on the table and who was in the BB.

As played i think you can just bet/fold. Seems like the best option

AAismyfriend 10-27-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is our plan on turn, if he calls our flop bet on the following turns: Jack, nine, deuce or a king? not completing any flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably shoving a J,2, or K, and c/fing a 9.