Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I'm getting surgery Friday (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555787)

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 06:44 PM

I\'m getting surgery Friday

Yep got a hernia from lifting weights. Had one about 3 years ago and they say it's easy to get one if you've had one before. Was like okay guess I gotta get an operation but now that it's a few days away I'm not looking forward to it. Only plus side is chillin at the crib for 2 weeks and massive amount of pain pills. Who else has had surgery before and for what?

Tartufo 11-27-2007 06:47 PM

Re: I\'m getting surgery Friday

Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

fiskebent 11-27-2007 06:57 PM

I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had a kidney taken out because there was a tumor on it. The tumor wasen't growing very fast, but they thought I'd better have it out.
Obviously it hurt like hell and I thought the nurse was kidding when she said I needed to get up and walk a bit the next day. But it helped a lot and I was back on my job 10 days after the operation.

Good luck with your operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] that's a serious operation. How old were you when you had it? What was your mental state like the night before and day of the surgery?

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never had any surgery. Good luck man. During recovery you should have a lot of time to post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man. I rarely get around to posting here so I look forward to getting back to the swing of things. Hope I still know the lingo round here.

hobbes9324 11-27-2007 07:14 PM

Best way to prevent blood clots is getting the patient up quickly - some places walk cardiac bypass patients the first day post op.

It's amazing how tired you are after surgery - had my appendix and gallbladder out - both times felt like a wet rag for a couple of days.....rest and take your pain meds.

MM MD

colonel81 11-27-2007 07:30 PM

over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful drugs

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful sponge baths

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG_RIGGED! 11-27-2007 07:32 PM

I had a 175 bitch removed from my life does that count? couldnt be happier imo

Paulie Walnuts 11-27-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
over emphasize your pain and say u will need some powerful drugs

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think. Last surgery I had they only gave me darvacet so i'm guessing the same weak ass [censored] is on the way. I was thinking about having my wife call the next morning and saying im in agonizing pain and the pills aren't working. I think there might be a better way to get my hands on some good [censored]. What do you think is the best way to go about it? Wait a few days, The same day as the surgery?