Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499143)

PokerBob 09-12-2007 12:32 AM

hand

commerce 100/200
CO is an expert who typically plays the biggest game going. He knows me and I know him.
SB is a blowhard who sucks.

CO opens, I 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, SB coldcalls, CO calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB donks, CO raises, I 3bet, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, CO checks, I bet, SB check/raises, CO calls 2 cold, I 3bet, SB tanks and now folds and says "Dealer, I want to see those two hands after the river", CO calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
CO bets, I call. meh?

daryn 09-12-2007 12:51 AM

Re: hand

yeah

so,what was the question?

vincevegas 09-12-2007 01:17 AM

played well....depending on who the CO is I could make a case for raising river since he can donk a lot of hands thinking you cant raise since flush got there and you cant have a flush.....all depends if CO raises flush draw on flop, if he is good I would think only the K high. If you raise for value you can safely fold to the 3 bet, calling is fine too.

goofball 09-12-2007 02:00 AM

This is such a weird river donk from CO. First, he should expect you to valuebet almost all of your holdings (so why not checkraise), second he should expect you to fold none of them to this donk(so he has no bluffing equity). Third, he shouldn't expect you to raise very often at all(so he almost never gets to bet 3bet).

I'd just call anyway though.

vincevegas 09-12-2007 02:32 AM

The more I think about this hand the more I think raising is incorrect as if he is a good player he will prob fold AQ or worse so you prob only get paid off by A6 and he prob doesnt have A6 and if he did he may not even pay you off......calling seems to be the only option.

DpR 09-12-2007 02:42 AM

IMO raising here is not a good play. I do think he will donk the flush here rather than c/r since there is not much else he can have here. I really doubt he would decide to value bet two pair under the protection of the flush card, I would think he would more likely be praying that the flush card would make you check behind (since he would be crying rather hard having to call a river bet).

DeathDonkey 09-12-2007 03:22 AM

I'm trying to figure out what flush draw he'd raise on the flop given we have the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Nothing really makes sense for CO to have here IMO so I play it the same.

-DeathDonkey

Ian J 09-12-2007 11:41 AM

Raise and snap fold to a 3 bet to spite SB is the play. The other positive is CO may fold to your raise and you spite him that way.

Schneids 09-12-2007 01:26 PM

If this is the hand I sweated you (I doubt it is?) than the board or your hole cards is wrong.

Yeti 09-12-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Raise and snap fold to a 3 bet to spite SB is the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome