Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

BluffBlank 04-13-2007 09:27 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Woot, I was going to have to go on life tilt if the corruptible won. Way to pull through team!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

:-(

Jeremy517 04-13-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GREAT JOB GETTHERE1TIME AND VORACIOUSREADER

A lot of you have no idea how hard they worked on this game, but I would have to say that this is arguably the most difficult game run on pog yet.

THANK YOU GUYS

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. With all the power roles getting different choices every night, there was a ton to do. And then there was the whole quitting-seer thing...

Everything was run great.

HerbieGRD 04-13-2007 09:37 PM

This game looked so awesome - I am so disappointed I couldn't play in it. Great job VR and GT1T and nice one village

Zurvan 04-13-2007 09:42 PM

We almost had an LOL village. I was within seconds of using my vote advantage on FCBL the night traz was lynched the first time. I decided <u>after writing the PM</u> not to send it.

In retrospect, my best ww decision of the game.

Good job at the end Bluff, but you really didn't have much of a chance. I'm voting boiler there about never, and there were two power villagers that could confirm each other. That's a tough spot.

Zurvan 04-13-2007 09:42 PM

And yeah, good job GT &amp; VR. I wouldn't ever undertake something like this. I'm impressed with how detailed it was.

Voj 04-13-2007 09:45 PM

Great j-b m-ds !

FCBLComish 04-13-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, good job GT &amp; VR. I wouldn't ever undertake something like this. I'm impressed with how detailed it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take the opposite side. When you run #2, I would like to Co-Mod with you guys.

sighing 04-13-2007 09:59 PM

Btw, the reason bram wasn't killed is that traz used a power on him early, which made him peek as a wolf, if someone peeked him.

So he was pretty much left alive as a trap... for himself. (bonk in forehead) Didn't work out so well there.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, the reason bram wasn't killed is that traz used a power on him early, which made him peek as a wolf, if someone peeked him.

So he was pretty much left alive as a trap... for himself. (bonk in forehead) Didn't work out so well there.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK - that is pretty funny....

traz 04-13-2007 10:04 PM

I can't believe I used that power on bram, makes me so mad

JaredL 04-13-2007 10:05 PM

Excellent job yinz. It was amazing stuff. I especially liked the daily decision and their outcomes. The no posting vowels and splitting it up were both really great (even though I got hosed with the draw!).

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I used that power on bram, makes me so mad

[/ QUOTE ]

Quiet...you had way too many super cool powers anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

LuckayLuck 04-13-2007 10:16 PM

zomg this game was super cool
it has inspired me to MOD MY OWN GAME

coming soon

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zomg this game was super cool

[/ QUOTE ]
QF Luckay.

If Luckay's game is even half the awesomeness of this one, it is still 00ber.

Kumubou 04-13-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm.. Yeah. I don't really think that really happened this game. I think "Kumu got owned" happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fixed. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Something I still do not understand now is what happened when kbar fake claimed. Everyone in the thread was all "lol that's so fake"; it really wasn't -- I was surprised as everyone else that he fake-claimed so late (and then did such a bad job of it). Since I was last to post, I was the wolf? Or was that a more subtle tone issue? So if I post a minute earlier, people start clearing me and it's el oh el village?

(This also somewhat illustrates the dangers of clearing villagers, something I am no fan of.)

I'm also slightly sad that I got lynched the day I was AFK; I would have at least fake claimed something and bought another day (and with the power I had gained the night before, this would have had some significance).

Oh well that's life, it sucks and then you end up a smoldering pile of ash.

And on that note, VR and GT1T did a hell of a job creating and moderating this game. Just insane.

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:24 PM

I thought your post about me was like 10x worse than any post you had about kbar. But you didn't clear yourself over kbar and like half the village did.

chuckleslovakian 04-13-2007 10:24 PM

I wanted you lynched for subtle tone

aaronk56 04-13-2007 10:28 PM

Wow this was a good game! Was I in it?

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:28 PM

That was a major lol and wtf day. The fact that you really didn't say anything of those things is not good considering the way it went.

Villagers are relieved and kind of hitting themselves over the head a little when kbar fake claims like and they miss it.

I mean, luckay's response is just classic villager. It's like wtf, kbar's the seer? WTF?! doh.

And then the lol and massive relief that comes when kbar's claim is proven to be obviously false.

LuckayLuck 04-13-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And then the lol and massive relief that comes when kbar's claim is proven to be obviously false.

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct, no-risk, rare-payoff but sometimes pays off strategy here is to go:

"WAIT I REALLY AM THE SEER AND I JUST SWITCHED THE TWO DAYS AROUND WHEN I PEEKED TRAZ. It's obviously impossible for me to have peeked traz N3, so the wolves wouldn't kill me and I would get an extra peek."

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn you IY

[/ QUOTE ]
This post is awesome in that it clears IY and bluff. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I mean, you and Dustin's reactions are just so much more restrained than everyone else. It's so weird to see that. Every villager's like panicing, and you guys are way too calm, IMHO.

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:35 PM

This game makes me so happy, and ST makes me so sad.

Kumubou 04-13-2007 10:37 PM

There was no time to panic. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/699/iconv9kz.gif

Part of it is that if I was a villager there I still vote for him more often than not anyway, because his timing is just so bad the entire thing is unbelievable.

lastchance 04-13-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was no time to panic. http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/699/iconv9kz.gif

Part of it is that if I was a villager there I still vote for him more often than not anyway, because his timing is just so bad the entire thing is unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why you need to panic there. It's a huge WTF moment.

At least, that's why I think and thought at the time. :/ I might be wrong. Just like to think about this crap.

KyrosMother 04-13-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...you were not one of my "better" reads. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

durron597 04-13-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...you were not one of my "better" reads. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I NAILED DUSTIN IN THIS GAME

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

durron597 04-13-2007 11:10 PM

And boo to everyone who said that my ribbiting was annoying, i was trying to communicate [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Mark_K 04-14-2007 12:16 AM

Congratulations to my fellow villagers. I'm glad I wasn't in Boiler or Zurvan's shoes... (BTW, I called for Bluff's lynch 5 days ago.. -- OK, OK It was previous to him being converted.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) Great job on a tough decision.

This game was well played by both sides. Nice work everyone. Anyone that wants leasons in playing a wolf, read Traz's posts during the Kbar's "Yes, I'm a wolf answer"
He personally drove that lynch as a WOLF!!! Great play Traz.

GT1T and VR you guys have raised the bar on WW games! The writing was excellent. The game play was innovative. The game was fun and I thought it was pretty well balanced. I loved being a part of it. Thanks for an absolutely amazing job!!!

I'm still shaking my head over my two biggest blunders in the game. The one being my pegging Kyrosmother as a wolf when EVERYONE else thought she was super-villager. Sorry KM.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The other being when I thought Chuck was the Seer and I came out with my grandiose wolf-roleblock reveal... Oops.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I also have to hand it the Bram for the fake Bard claim. I just loved the "KM, you know I'm the Bard". THAT was a brilliant line and excellent piece of WW work. WOW.
At the time, I thought that was an odd way of claiming but then I forgot about it. LOL...

BTW, I guess Xoom was the Godfather... We lynched the GF during a white-out blizzard... LOL

Again, A great game and an awesome job by both sides. Fun, fun, fun...

Nez477 04-14-2007 12:31 AM

This game kicked SO much ass and was my favorite game I think thus far on POG.

The vortex thing was awesome. Really fun having the two separate game threads and working in them as we did.

Anyway, glad I was able to help find a couple baddies early on. Great game by all, good strategy, good posting, good atmosphere.... overall just a freaking fun time.

Thanks again to all the work mods.

dmk 04-14-2007 12:31 AM

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

GT1T + VR, you guys rule. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the game. Extremely well done. It was an 11 out of 10. I can imagine how much time it took to do all of it - its much appreciated.

I'll be waiting for CYOA2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy517 04-14-2007 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I guess Xoom was the Godfather... We lynched the GF during a white-out blizzard... LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Traz was the godfather.

Mark_K 04-14-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Traz was the godfather.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, Yeah... I forgot that the Illusionist was the GF. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So Xoom was a wolf though.. Right?

lastchance 04-14-2007 12:58 AM

Yup. Xoom was a wolf.

Iron_Yuppie 04-14-2007 01:55 AM

This game was awesome.

fmxda 04-14-2007 02:43 AM

Hmm once again KM sees into my soul in a game where I am a wolf.

This is sick--she is 3 for 3.

metsandfinsfan 04-14-2007 02:53 AM

HOLLA VILLAGE!!!!

We certainly did pwn most of the game --- i had lots o' masons this game ... i am so glad we won

Awesome job GT1t. Awesome job VR.

econophile 04-14-2007 11:39 AM

this game was lots of fun

thanks VR and GT1T for the great modding

fnord_too 04-14-2007 11:48 AM

So is the story for cyoa2 fleshed out yet?

clowntable 04-14-2007 12:33 PM

Awesome game.
One of the few that I read where I didn't play.
Withut a doubt the best WW game I've witnessed on this site.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] GT1T
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] VR

shortline99 04-14-2007 12:36 PM

yay i win