Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Rivered flush on double paired board. Too thin? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530768)

loosbastard 10-25-2007 12:35 AM

Rivered flush on double paired board. Too thin?

No real reads on villain yet. I'm assuming he's bad though by the bet sizing/stack.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $107.80
BTN: $116.55
SB: $60.05
Hero (BB): $100

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, BTN calls $1, <font color="red">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3, BTN folds

Flop: ($9) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16</font>, SB calls $12

River: ($49) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $76 and is All-In</font> <font color="blue">($30 for villain to call)</font>

Novles 10-25-2007 12:36 AM

Re: Weird spot w/ FD. Take him to value-town, yes?

wow, just call the river

loosbastard 10-25-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, just call the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...if it wasn't such a pussy bet I probably would have.

markuisis 10-25-2007 01:27 AM

i dont think ur ever getting called her by something u beat, the best line IMO against fishy opponents is to raise him to around 20 and fold to a shove.

edit: didnt notice he only had 30 to call, he def seems like a fishy calling station, i play like u did, he calls with dumb pps, a-high sometimes and always worse flushes.

loosbastard 10-25-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise him to around 20 and fold to a shove

[/ QUOTE ]

He only has $30 left to call after his river bet...so that's not really an option. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Casper05 10-25-2007 02:17 AM

look at how the hand played out and tell me why you thought he would ever fold an 8. Nothing that you beat calls this raise, and everything that beats you other than the nut flush does.

lol I just saw title- you think this is for value??!?!?

MJ of Poker 10-25-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
look at how the hand played out and tell me why you thought he would ever fold an 8. Nothing that you beat calls this raise, and everything that beats you other than the nut flush does.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur forgetting hes a fish

Casper05 10-25-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur forgetting hes a fish

[/ QUOTE ]You're forgetting that fish aren't contracted out to lose every hand. We are never good here if he calls. Never. Ok, maybe 1 in 20.

loosbastard 10-25-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you think this is for value??!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. Really thin...but it's certainly not a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
We are never good here if he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish call here w/ Ax a lot IME.

Plus...I mean look at his line. Why are we automatically giving him credit for an 8 or a K? Why didn't he shove turn? Why the teeny tiny river lead?

scallop 10-25-2007 05:16 AM

LOL @ This hand. WTF. WTF WTF. This is SOOOOOOOO bad.... what are you trying to do? Make him fold an 8? He NEVER calls with worse, so your bet is NOT for value, you might as well have ATC here...

Seriously, WTF ?

On the hand itself: I think I just call the river.