Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Turn Check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470465)

bobhalford 08-06-2007 08:56 AM

Turn Check

Villain's in these hands often peel loose, and generally peel any ace high hand.

FT 3/6

1)

Folded to Hero in the CO who opens with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB calls.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero checks

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, Hero calls

2)

Hero opens UTG with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], only the SB calls

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks and calls

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks.

River 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls

Oink 08-06-2007 09:01 AM

Re: Turn Check

How passive is he?

In both hands i would prefer to put in a bet on the turn.

Unless he is super aggresive the first hand is an easy bet/fold for me.

The second is closer to a bet/call, on such a drawy board I would never check behind but bet/fold or bet/call depending on villain

secretprankster 08-06-2007 09:03 AM

I think both are easy bets, both for value and draw-charging. I'd fold the second if checkraised, and probably calldown the first.

bobhalford 08-06-2007 10:25 AM

In the first hand, I didn't see villain drawing to any more than 4 outs. That made it an easy decision for me to check behind and induce bluffs on the river. If I bet the turn in both hands, villain will fold all hands but those that beat me. If I show weakness by checking behind, he will very frequently bet the river with whatever he's got.

Zach6668 08-06-2007 10:27 AM

I think hand 2 is an easy bet. I'm ok with checking hand 1, although in practice I probably stubbornly v-bet it and either get c/r'ed or fold out a worse hand... sigh.

sharpie 08-06-2007 10:28 AM

I bet the turn and if called, most rivers in both of these.

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn in both hands, villain will fold all hands but those that beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, which I doubt, then you'll pwn them when you bet air on these turns, and you need to bet your pair hands so they don't realize your turn bets are more FOS.

nickg1532 08-06-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn and if called, most rivers in both of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

secretprankster 08-06-2007 10:47 AM

In the first hand he could easily have peeled with something like KT that you don't necessarily want to give a freebie too. Could have a worse jack or 56s which will usually call again so you have quite a bit of value IMO. I also agree with sharpie that I'm following up on ace turns so much to induce folds with nothing that checking behind good hands would do damage to this plan.

sebastien 08-06-2007 06:08 PM

i bet here too.
i use your line against opponement is ver agressif bluffer player but maybe i don t i don t know.

TheDudeChad 08-06-2007 07:23 PM

Hand 1 - I would bet the turn against a passive, but I like checking behind against others on this board. I think this will induce a ton of bluffs from hands that are way behind or could have even been drawing dead on the turn.

Hand 2 - I bet this against anyone.