Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   America's [bleep]'d (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415546)

m_the0ry 05-30-2007 12:09 PM

America\'s [bleep]\'d

Unless someone who lived through a worse era can convince me that we'll survive, I think this downward spiral won't be recovered from because:

1. Growing education gap.
2. Growing national debt.
3. Overpoliticization of every concievable issue.
4. No one in power has the balls to do anything.
5. FUD-mongering is at an all time high.
6. Foreign policy is abysmal. Everyone hates us.

Of all of the above problems, 4 is by far the worst. Even if we impeached Bush and Cheney both today, the two party system would leave a bunch of spineless political whores in control of the nation. Withdrawing from Iraq, health care reform, patent reform, education reform; it is imperative we fix these things NOW before we become a third world country and they are all on track to be fixed at best in a 2 year timeframe. By that time I have no reason to believe we won't be just destroyed from the ground up.

I'm moving to europe.

whiskeytown 05-30-2007 12:19 PM

Re: America\'s [bleep]\'d

no worries - we're #1 in weapons sales

rb

pokerbobo 05-30-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ready for your conversion to Islam by force? Nobody has any balls over there either, and I predict at least two of those countries will be Islamist states in the next 2 decades. (the frogs are almost definite for conversion, though the latest election may have bought them some more time) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AzDesertRat 05-30-2007 12:50 PM

I'm actually thinking of moving to Dubai--seems to be more capitalism there than here.

pokerbobo 05-30-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless someone who lived through a worse era can convince me that we'll survive, I think this downward spiral won't be recovered from because:

1. Growing education gap. I ended up a Mensa member outta the public skool system...you make your own education.
2. Growing national debt. Agreed.....Spending waaaaaaaaay out of control.
3. Overpoliticization of every concievable issue. Agreed....more on the left than the right in my opinion, but happens on both sides.
4. No one in power has the balls to do anything. Or the brains
5. FUD-mongering is at an all time high. FUD?
6. Foreign policy is abysmal. Everyone hates us. Let em hate us, we shouldn't bend over for anyone.
Of all of the above problems, 4 is by far the worst. Even if we impeached Bush and Cheney both today, the two party system would leave a bunch of spineless political whores in control of the nation. Withdrawing from Iraq, health care reform, patent reform, education reform; it is imperative we fix these things NOW before we become a third world country and they are all on track to be fixed at best in a 2 year timeframe. By that time I have no reason to believe we won't be just destroyed from the ground up.

I'm moving to europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

JussiUt 05-30-2007 01:02 PM

America's two-party system is a travesty. What kind of democracy is that? Multi-party system beats it hands down.

mjkidd 05-30-2007 01:11 PM

Democracy is a joke. I'm looking into building a private army with the ultimate goal of overthrowing the government and installing a malevolent dictatorship. PM me if interested.

pokerbobo 05-30-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Democracy is a joke. I'm looking into building a private army with the ultimate goal of overthrowing the government and installing a malevolent dictatorship. PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean benevolent dictatorship? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Mempho 05-30-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Methinks it was a Freudian slip. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

mjkidd 05-30-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAAAAAA!