Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TPGK in blind battle vs spewy reg (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541891)

aislephive 11-09-2007 03:19 AM

TPGK in blind battle vs spewy reg

I hadn't played with this particular player in a while, but we had some standard light 3betting / 4betting wars in the past, and another hand where I felted AJ on a J high flop vs his pair + fd which held. Those hands were a month or two ago though fwiw, but he just recently sat down and this is one of the first hands we played:

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $431.40
Hero (BTN): $408
SB: $558.20
BB: $596.90
UTG: $258.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $34

Flop: ($102) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $74</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $383.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $286 and is All-In

Turn: ($822) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($822) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $822 Pot ($2.50 Rake)
CO showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$408 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and WON $819.50 (+$411.50 NET)

So he is probably a bit spewy, but then again so am I. We're both in the 21/17 range preflop also. What is your plan on the flop and for the rest of the hand (depending on what you do on the flop of course)?

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $402
Hero (BB): $859.50
UTG: $550.20
CO: $570.90
BTN: $383.90

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $10

Flop: ($28) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $20</font>, Hero ???

SEABEAST 11-09-2007 03:25 AM

Re: TPGK in blind battle vs spewy reg

i just call down and bet if he checks at any point. i know that's a boring answer but there's value in letting him bet you off your float, and at the same time it makes sure things can't get out of hand. i take other regs on as much as anyone but that doesn't mean you have to try and force it every time, and you chose to describe it as a blind battle but another way to describe it would be "$28 pot". i will nearly always look for 3 streets of value but you don't need to try and induce a stacking imo.

SEABEAST 11-09-2007 03:29 AM

although it does depend a bit how you tend to play these spots in general. i float quite a lot, if you bluffraise flops quite a lot then i guess raising is a better way of setting off his BS alarm. your coldcall preflop has to really look like a hand that likes this flop though, and a raise will be scary, whereas if you call he can think you have 55 or 78 or something and try bet you off it.

KingGordy 11-09-2007 03:32 AM

Raise to $75/get it in vs. 3 bet. It sounds like you have enough of a dynamic to felt this here, and he's going to think you're FOS a lot in this spot. If he calls I evaluate depending on turn card.

Isura 11-09-2007 03:52 AM

People brainlessly double barrel in the bvb spot on this board texture, so I have no problem with calling him down. But people also love to raise this flop in your spot, and that would be my normal play.

fsuplayer 11-09-2007 03:56 AM

prob make it 65/call.