Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Eric Seidel's AQ vs. Brat's KK (PAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524809)

djsnit 10-17-2007 05:41 AM

Eric Seidel\'s AQ vs. Brat\'s KK (PAD)

DO you think Seidel played this hand well?

The B 10-17-2007 10:53 AM

Re: Eric Seidel\'s AQ vs. Brat\'s KK (PAD)

no hand history
no youtube clip
no alternate line for AQ
great thread buddy!

Veil 10-17-2007 12:00 PM

The B, why the negativity? How about some courtesy for the new guy?

And I don't really like the way Seidel played the hand. I guess he played it like a lock and missed multiple bets. And I figure he was a little lucky Hellmuth didn't raise it a lot more to make it seem like a bluff - which Eric would have paid off, more than likely.

Link to hand

Bonified 10-17-2007 02:26 PM

PAD is beating the hell out of HSP for quality poker at the moment (this may change when HSP line-up changes). Cunningham played excellently last week and already this week there have been some really interesting hands :

- This one, which was weird. Just as I was rubbing my hands expecting Seidel to take a big chunk out of Hellmuth, he waited till he was beat and then bet.
- TJ's fold of JJ on the 876 flop. If anyone's still wondering why TJ doesn't do so well in tournaments any more, just watch this hand.
- Doyle bluffing 10K into a 2K pot v Hellmuth, and it being hugely +EV because Hellmuth wouldn't call without 2 pair.

Also Layne Flack was genuinely witty and it was a shame he was out so early.

badatmath 10-17-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Doyle bluffing 10K into a 2K pot v Hellmuth, and it being hugely +EV because Hellmuth wouldn't call without 2 pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he called Doyle with top pair T, K kicker in a similar situation before. I think it was an awful bet by Doyle.

devilbiss 10-17-2007 03:03 PM

Is the PAD on this week a new one?

badatmath 10-17-2007 03:22 PM

Since there's no big thread I think it's a rerun, but it's new to me.

BigSoonerFan 10-17-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rerun.

KiwiMark 10-17-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it Brunson, Flack, Hellmuth, Ferguson, Seidel, Cloutier in that order? If so then it is a repeat of the 4th week of Season 2. Last week was the 8th week of Season 2.

Hollywade 10-17-2007 08:57 PM

I have a proposition. Let's refer to Phil Hellmuth as Phil Hellmuth rather than "Brat."

selurah 10-18-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a proposition. Let's refer to Phil Hellmuth as Phil Hellmuth rather than "Brat."

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares either way? Is OP insulting your idol or something?

gboro 10-18-2007 04:39 AM

loool. i like how a lot of players will take back their river bet when they have the best hand at showdown but phil just reaches over and grab's eric's.

Eponymous 10-18-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://z.about.com/d/poker/1/7/5/7/p...atandproud.JPG

yellowjack 10-18-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://z.about.com/d/poker/1/7/5/7/p...atandproud.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

its still retarded

SDone 10-19-2007 04:12 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OUmfuuS27...ed&search=

He bets the flop smaller than his original raise?

And then calls the river?!?!

Veil 10-19-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bet was designed to get Erik to raise on a bluff or a lesser hand. And would you look at that, it worked.

The river was a crying call.

SDone 10-19-2007 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bet was designed to get Erik to raise on a bluff or a lesser hand. And would you look at that, it worked.

The river was a crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric's not gonna bluff there. If he though Eric had made a hand, he should have just put out a strong cb. And what can he beat on the river?

Foghatlive 10-19-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- This one, which was weird. Just as I was rubbing my hands expecting Seidel to take a big chunk out of Hellmuth, he waited till he was beat and then bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric knows Phil plays primarily premium cards. With no King on the board, there was at least a pretty good chance Phil was holding one. If it's the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Eric is effed. So, checking to the river, IMO, wasn't a bad play. My guess is that the bet river was a blocking bet to keep Phil from going all-in.

In the end, it worked out well for Eric, as he could've lost a lot more in the hand. He doesn't have all those bracelets for nothing.

iplayscared 10-22-2007 08:07 PM

i think he butchered the hand imo

ZingyDNA 10-26-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eric knows Phil plays primarily premium cards. With no King on the board, there was at least a pretty good chance Phil was holding one. If it's the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Eric is effed. So, checking to the river, IMO, wasn't a bad play. My guess is that the bet river was a blocking bet to keep Phil from going all-in.

In the end, it worked out well for Eric, as he could've lost a lot more in the hand. He doesn't have all those bracelets for nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're basicly saying Seidel doesn't bet the flop and the turn because he knows Hellmuth will outdraw him on the river with pretty much exactly the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? That's so result oriented and doesn't make sense.

afadeyi 10-26-2007 02:47 PM

This is the most retarded thread I've ever read.

exec771 10-26-2007 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're basicly saying Seidel doesn't bet the flop and the turn because he knows Hellmuth will outdraw him on the river with pretty much exactly the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? That's so result oriented and doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add to that the fact that We have seen Phil bet pot for value like never, it makes it even more absurd to expect Phil is just gonna go all in there after checking flop and turn.

I hate the flop and turn checks by seidel though, Phil is like the nittiest guy at the table who's wayy more likely to make a crying call there with 1010 than he is to bluff..

ASPoker8 10-27-2007 12:08 AM

[x] live pros playing bad
[ ] surprised

Wilpro 10-28-2007 08:58 AM

Huh why is Hellmuth crying, he had 3 pair!