Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   QQ hand folded face up beginning of WSOP FT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454274)

Ship Ship McGipp 07-18-2007 04:52 PM

Re: QQ hand folded face up beginning of WSOP FT

[ QUOTE ]
lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

southgapoker 07-18-2007 04:57 PM

Put a % on each possible holding

Convince me this fold was correct.

You can weight KK and AA at 2x that of JJ and TT and thit is still very easily a call.

Essentially, you need to be pretty damn confident Yang has KK or AA here. You are telling me Yang has KK or AA 70% of the time here? I seriously doubt it.

southgapoker 07-18-2007 04:59 PM

BTW, when I read "you can't think in terms of ranges here", I think "so we aren't playing poker here?"

When I play poker, I am ALWAYS thinking in terms of ranges. I thought that was the object of the frigging game - to narrow your opponent's RANGE of possible holdings based on the information he has given you.

s33w33d 07-18-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put a % on each possible holding

Convince me this fold was correct.

You can weight KK and AA at 2x that of JJ and TT and thit is still very easily a call.

Essentially, you need to be pretty damn confident Yang has KK or AA here. You are telling me Yang has KK or AA 70% of the time here? I seriously doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think the preflop re-raise rules out a set?

betgo 07-18-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, when I read "you can't think in terms of ranges here", I think "so we aren't playing poker here?"

When I play poker, I am ALWAYS thinking in terms of ranges. I thought that was the object of the frigging game - to narrow your opponent's RANGE of possible holdings based on the information he has given you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you think incorrectly. You can't look it as a range like in Poker Stove. Yang can have TT, but he doesn't have TT nearly as often as AA. I think the distribution looks something like this:

AA/KK 40%
AK 30%
99-QQ 20%
??? 10%

djk123 07-18-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you think incorrectly. You can't look it as a range like in Poker Stove. Yang can have TT, but he doesn't have TT nearly as often as AA. I think the distribution looks something like this:

AA/KK 40%
AK 30%
99-QQ 20%
??? 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, I really do not think AA/KK is twice as likely as TT-QQ. Didn't he put like 10 million in preflop with A9 earlier at the FT?

southgapoker 07-18-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA/KK 40%
AK 30%
99-QQ 20%
??? 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

No I do not think incorrectly. I said put a % on them. Putting a percentage on what he may hold IS narrowing the range.

With those percentages, it is so easily a call it's not even funny.

betgo 07-18-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA/KK 40%
AK 30%
99-QQ 20%
??? 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, I really do not think AA/KK is twice as likely as TT-QQ. Didn't he put like 10 million in preflop with A9 earlier at the FT?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think my distribution is fairly reasonable. People tend to flat call an early position raise with JJ/TT. He could flat call with AA/KK too, but he is more liekly to reraise. Yang could also have AQ, a suited gapper or whatever. I said 40% chance he has AA/KK. I think this is conservative. Against a tight player it would be a lot higher.

Given the opponent, I think you have to reraise allin preflop or checkraise allin on the flop. However, it would be a mistake to put people on ranges and assume QQ was usually good in this situation.

southgapoker 07-18-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, it would be a mistake to put people on ranges and assume QQ was usually good in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it would be a mistake to say "OMG RERAISE FROM MID POSITION OMG KK OR AA OMG FOLD"

Pudge714 07-18-2007 06:07 PM

On a scale of horribleness this flop bet is approximately 300 million.