Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281933)

MyTurn2Raise 12-12-2006 11:10 PM

10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents

MISSION STATEMENT:
I will be making over $1,000 per day at fullstack SSNL by the end of February

OK. First off, the money isn't that important to me. It's a way of keeping score and a challenging goal IMO.

second, my poker background is probably relevant. I've been a professional gambler for about 2 1/2 years now. I live pretty comfortably. Gambling is somewhat entertaining, but far from my dream job as I contribute nothing to society and am somewhat embarrassed when people ask me what I do for a living. Most of this gambling has been poker. Started in limit holdem. Done short-handed limit, o8 limit, pot-limit omaha, etc. Been playing no-limit pretty much exclusively since March. I'm about 6PTBB/100 winner at 100NL fullstack over a decent sample, but only a marginal winner over an insignificant sample at fullstack 200NL. I haven't played poker since September to be brutally honest. Only a few thousand hands here and there. I specialized in college football betting and was spending 50 to 60 hours per week on NCAAF stuff. Most of my no-limit past has been shortstacking, set-mining, etc. Basically, idiot strategies to lock in a tiny profit through crazy amounts of multi-tabling while I watch tv or whatnot. It's put me in a decent financial position, but is lacking a thrill factor and isn't 'beating' opponents.

I'm now going to start back at 25NL, probably 4 tables at a time, and build my game back up to multi-tabling pwnage at 200NL (8+ tables). I will become a machine. I plan to single table for at least an hour a day to get deep learning. The rest of the day will be automagical pilot multi-tabling based on basic concepts.

I feel the games are soft enough now and I need to tap the goldmine before it disappears. I saw what happened to limit games and see the precursors at no-limit.

Time to get the gold now.

I will be providing constant updates whether you all are interested or not.

With football season done, you can expect me to be back in this forum quite a bit....beware.

If I meet my goal, I promise to be the biggest donk at the SSNL boondoggle come WSOP ME time. Yes, I know I was the biggest donk last time anyway.

Prepare to witness my pwnage.

GambleAllNight 12-12-2006 11:15 PM

Re: 10,000th post- My Mission: A JIHAD on SSNL opponents

what site...what's your sn?

kitaristi0 12-12-2006 11:17 PM

Good luck.

Al_Money 12-12-2006 11:21 PM

Monthly goals>>Daily goals.

Good luck.

Flip_Dog 12-12-2006 11:28 PM

good luck. single tabling sounds like a good idea i think i will try it out.

ajmargarine 12-12-2006 11:35 PM

I am so glad that you aren't going to be a shortstack monkey anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ImsaKidd 12-12-2006 11:36 PM

i think you are vastly overrating what you can learn from single tabling. Just 2-3 table, more situations and stuff, but you can still focus goot.

bobman0330 12-12-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you are vastly overrating what you can learn from single tabling. Just 2-3 table, more situations and stuff, but you can still focus goot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. 25 NL is prob a bit low too.

jbird 12-12-2006 11:48 PM

gogogogoogogogogogogog gl.

Pokey 12-13-2006 01:10 AM

I'm rooting for ya, MT2R. I'm also looking forward to another drunken mixed-game-fest at the Orleans this coming summer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

novel20 12-13-2006 01:29 AM

"...I contribute nothing to society and am somewhat embarrassed when people ask me what I do for a living. "

Why don't you go find your dream job and keep sports betting and poker as a nice side income?

Eulysses 12-13-2006 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"...I contribute nothing to society and am somewhat embarrassed when people ask me what I do for a living. "

Why don't you go find your dream job and keep sports betting and poker as a nice side income?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go read his awesome OOT post.

Redd 12-13-2006 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw what happened to limit games and see the precursors at no-limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to turn this into a poker doom thread (since there's already plenty of those in the zoo, legislation, SSHE, BBV, BBV, etc. forums), but to what precursors are you referring?

epdaws 12-13-2006 02:30 AM

Gogogogogo

You're my new fav player, MT2R. Keep us updated!

ajmargarine 12-13-2006 02:48 AM

Wow. Just read the whole OOT thread by the OP. Very good read sir. I'm sorry that stuff happened but I'm glad you came out of it OK.

When I first became a mod, this was my first custom title I gave out. He used to have iirc just a Pujols avatar when the whole Bonds thing was hot. But now, it has a level 2 meaning.

delta k 12-13-2006 02:53 AM

wow, another 'challenge' thread that'll never be accomplished!

EDIT: At the request of a resident old man here in SSNL, I do wish you the best of luck with this. However, the majority of challenge threads that start like this end up neglected 3 days later never to be bumped or returned to. If you're serious about this then by all means use us to the best of your ability and make this a reality. It certainly is possible. Good luck and we'll see you around.

epdaws 12-13-2006 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, another 'challenge' thread that'll never be accomplished!

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit this post, please, while you still can.

kitaristi0 12-13-2006 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Just read the whole OOT thread by the OP. Very good read sir. I'm sorry that stuff happened but I'm glad you came out of it OK.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

ajmargarine 12-13-2006 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: At the request of a resident old man here in SSNL,

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me, not epdraws, even though he's pretty old too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

goofyballer 12-13-2006 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WWhen I first became a mod, this was my first custom title I gave out. He used to have iirc just a Pujols avatar when the whole Bonds thing was hot. But now, it has a level 2 meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW DARE YOU SLIGHT BARRY BONDS LIKE THAT

http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/spo...47a/bonds1.jpg

4EVER

delta k 12-13-2006 03:14 AM

i mean, bonds did tell a jury he didn't use drugs so...i guess he's a 'drug free MVP'

epdaws 12-13-2006 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: At the request of a resident old man here in SSNL,

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me, not epdraws, even though he's pretty old too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew a beard on vacation last week and found silver hairs in my goatee. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Isura 12-13-2006 03:22 AM

Teach me to sports bet and I'll teach you to not be a donk.

4_2_it 12-13-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I will be providing constant updates whether you all are interested or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent. I trust you will be joining us for some 2+2 HORSE hijinks on FT in the future.

Freelancer 12-13-2006 09:36 AM

Good luck with your mission, your going to need it...

Ps. Ehm ugh...

yundmi 12-13-2006 09:42 AM

why did u post that in here?!?

Freelancer 12-13-2006 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did u post that in here?!?

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh [censored]...*goes editing*

NL Newbie 12-13-2006 10:47 AM

Dude wtf? This is exactly what im doing, except my challengeis NL$25 to NL$200 is 2 weeks yo!

ChipStorm 12-13-2006 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gogogogogo

You're my new fav player, MT2R. Keep us updated!

[/ QUOTE ]

gimmetheloot 12-13-2006 11:12 AM

Make this [censored] happen man...

Matt Flynn 12-13-2006 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I meet my goal, I promise to be the biggest donk at the SSNL boondoggle come WSOP ME time.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol donkadoggles. Hope to see you there.

Good look!

nation 12-13-2006 02:17 PM

i better be invited for the horse boondoggles! i mean, i donked off enough last time to at least get a fish invite, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pokey 12-13-2006 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i better be invited for the horse boondoggles! i mean, i donked off enough last time to at least get a fish invite, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, but only if I get "December." February is just too expensive.

The Grumbler 12-13-2006 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I first became a mod, this was my first custom title I gave out. He used to have iirc just a Pujols avatar when the whole Bonds thing was hot. But now, it has a level 2 meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link?

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what site...what's your sn?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry...not giving these out at the current time
once my party one got out, too many people were chatting to me at the table

i'll be on 3 different sites and some players here know my screennames. I'll appreciate it if they kept it to themselves.

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Monthly goals>>Daily goals.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true...perhaps I should have avg over $1k per playing day in March for a minimum of 20 playing days

but, I like shooting for the other meteoric rise

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck. single tabling sounds like a good idea i think i will try it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's an awesome idea and one I got from playing live poker. It's amazing how in the heads of the other players you can be.

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am so glad that you aren't going to be a shortstack monkey anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.....the world can relax
acutally, it was mainly OnGame's fault for having a 10BB min buy-in. It created a nice opportunity to double up twice. Plus, one could have multiple accounts across the network. Their anti-ratholing 2 hour wait was easily circumvented by just logging on to the table under a different account. I had about 9 accounts across the network and would be on 12 to 15 tables at a time. I made playing that site a nightmare.

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. 25 NL is prob a bit low too.

[/ QUOTE ]

both true....I think single-tabling will only be for an hour at 100NL and up

I've been playing 25NL for a session now and it's pretty bad level of play. Even my unsharp mind and minimal talent is pwning pretty hard. I was doing 4 tables, but quickly went to 8 as the 25NL is a jopke.

MyTurn2Raise 12-13-2006 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go read his awesome OOT post.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...that's the long story

my original quoted statement has drawn the ire of Thremp, who said I'm giving gamblers a bad name [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]