Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   omahahaha (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548382)

luegofuego 11-17-2007 03:06 PM

omahahaha

folded around to very very aggressive SB who opens for $30, i call in BB with some bs, TT76 i think it was. stacks $1300ish

flop comes KQT with two hearts (no flushdraw, no backdoor draw for me). he pots. whats my plan here knowing that he will fire turn a [censored] load if i just call? i cant raise flop can i?

Bakes 11-17-2007 03:15 PM

Re: omahahaha

my standard is usually call and reeval, problem is every turn card sucks. at least you have position, if he's that aggro u can prob call another barrel or two. i wouldn't raise the flop.

xorbie 11-17-2007 03:26 PM

Really [censored] spot, seeing as how even the cards that improve you are really bad reverse implied odds, you can't raise, if you call he knows you don't have a hand that can call 3 barrels (unless you are super tricky).

Honestly I don't think calling one bet and trying to check it down is that bad. I'd be bluffing a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if he checks it on the turn btw, and possibly shoving on a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] if he double barrels.

mrcoughman 11-17-2007 03:42 PM

Just learning omaha, and don't want to side track the thread, but what do you guys think the merits are to the pre flop call?

Janis N. 11-17-2007 03:49 PM

Isn't his range like really wide here still? We're basically HU and he's super aggro.

I'd call and wouldn't mind getting it in on low non-hearts. On others I'd eval.

Oh and preflop is fine, we have position.

ahnuld 11-17-2007 04:07 PM

position is pretty big in omaha, preflop is standard. Id call flop, turn is turn dependant.

MATT111 11-17-2007 04:28 PM

Not that I knew much about this game but anything other than calling seems kinda bad.

jfish 11-17-2007 04:40 PM

ngga you have triiiiips.

KingDan 11-17-2007 04:41 PM

Standard call

DLizzle 11-17-2007 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't his range like really wide here still? We're basically HU and he's super aggro.

I'd call and wouldn't mind getting it in on low non-hearts. On others I'd eval.

Oh and preflop is fine, we have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

getting it in would probably be really bad. i'd just call, if you raise it's basically a bluff that won't work, but he probably folds almost everything worse. this is a tough spot though because if the turn is a blank and he fires again which he would a lot it will be a tough decision. Also if the board pairs he could easily have an overfull but you'll prob have to at least call another barrel. i would fold a lot of turns i think.