Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Some uncomfortable overpair folds?!? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525817)

ajmargarine 10-18-2007 01:31 PM

Some uncomfortable overpair folds?!?

Villain in Hand 1 is unknown. Villain is the same in hands 2 and 3. Only thing noticeable from him in a few hands is that he called a button PFR from the SB with 59s.

H1 is 3-handed.

Hero (SB): $462.75
BB: $358.25
BTN: $227.15

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
BTN calls $2, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $8

Flop: ($22) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, BTN calls $16

Turn: ($54) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($54) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $36</font>, Hero folds

H2

UTG: $62.10
MP: $288.20
Hero (CO): $272.40
BTN: $122.20
SB: $209
BB: $153.85

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $8, BTN folds, SB calls $7, BB folds

Flop: ($26) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $17</font>, SB calls $17, MP folds

Turn: ($60) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $38</font>, Hero folds

H3

BB: $252.75
UTG: $36.15
Hero (CO): $228.75
BTN: $341.95
SB: $191.30

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22</font>, BTN calls $22, 3 folds

Flop: ($53) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $100</font>, Hero folds

Be honest. Be nice about it.

EDIT: To be clear. H1 is vs an unknown. H2 and H3 are vs the 59s guy.

ManChild 10-18-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Some uncomfortable overpair folds?!?

hand 1 is the only one that i don't think is just a quick standard fold. its 3 handed so his range is wide PF, and he has been seen calling a raise with 59s OOP, so he can easily be the kinda guy that calls on the flop with just overs, i dont hate a fold here, but i can see making a crying call being okay as well

Unknown Soldier 10-18-2007 01:39 PM

i would...

1: bet the turn, as played i'd c/f too.

2: call once

3: stack off

Isura 10-18-2007 01:41 PM

1 - bet/fold the turn. river fold seems fine.
2 - 22 on flop, eh I'd call turn too likely he has some combo draw type hand given the initial read
3 - edit: I forgot it's against same villain. I definitely stack off here.

BombayBadboy 10-18-2007 01:42 PM

H1

I think its fine. Betting the turn is an option IP, but OOP not much you can do. Rivercard sucks aswell..I can see a call on a blank.

H2

I call turn..and fold to a river bet. Your button bet doesn't show much strength, he might be leading with a pretty wide range of pairs here.

H3

This is never a bluff and I don't think he can show up with AJ here. So I like the fold.

Hopscotch 10-18-2007 01:46 PM

Isn't hand 3 a stack off given read?

traz 10-18-2007 01:56 PM

h1- I b/f the turn. As played I can't see myself calling, but you've played it so passively that it's really hard to know.

h2- I probably play the same. I can see an argument for calling, but I see huge hands here alot.

h3- I think I stack off especially given your experience with this player

orange 10-18-2007 05:43 PM

1- bet/fold the turn is my std. river fold is goot.

2- eh, i think that folding is okay, i typically call though and fold to another river bet. i think that he has 6x/draw or combo so much here. this is not a bad way for villan to play a set though.

3- don't fold. jesus.

bilbo-san 10-18-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

H3

This is never a bluff and I don't think he can show up with AJ here. So I like the fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW is this a bad read. Pretty much the opposite of what I would conclude:

a) opponent is a drooler
b) flop is paired, and people get retarded on paired flops

a + b = c) call/shove with fist-pump

Arp220 10-18-2007 06:00 PM

grunch

Hand 1 - We are as one. I also.... fold. That board is more drawy than a [censored] art mueseum

Hand 2 - I'm not sure what I'd do, would depend on my perception of my table image. Might raise turn if I thought he was trying to be clever. But probably fold.

Hand 3 - SHOVE SHOVE SHOVE SHOVE SHOVE

RAHZero 10-18-2007 06:18 PM

Hands 1 and 2 are pretty standard.

Hand 3 is a turbo shove, clearly button is not very good and will have all sorts of random junk here.

SirFelixCat 10-18-2007 06:29 PM

I agree w/ 1 &amp; 2, although on 2, you can make a case for calling the turn and re-eval river.

3: Fistpump and get it all in, sir.

Sh@i'tan 10-18-2007 06:31 PM

1 is fine
2 im calling the turn
3 im shoving

Claunchy 10-18-2007 06:36 PM

Mistakes in order of egregiousness:

1. Folding the flop in hand 3
2. Checking the turn in hand 1
3. Folding the turn in hand 2 (this one is arguably ok)

Burcak 10-18-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree w/ 1 &amp; 2, although on 2, you can make a case for calling the turn and re-eval river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it we are hoping that he has? Or are we just beating a bluff? If we are, why don't we just call and let him bluff again?

Tbh I got in the same situation 5 times in the last 20 days (and exactly 5 times). All 5 of them I had 2 outs (and hit them all but one, btw). I am not sure bad people raise with random junk on this kind of flop.

terp 10-18-2007 06:47 PM

1) b/f turn

2) i shove this a lot but i definitely at least call

3) whatever you do, don't fold

goofyballer 10-18-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3- don't fold. jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

As for the other two, I'm reluctant to spread my stationy advice over the forum but I think you can call hand 1 and see random crap like nines or A3, hand 2 I probably peel cause lol screw donkbets he probably has 55.

bilbo-san 10-18-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it we are hoping that he has? Or are we just beating a bluff? If we are, why don't we just call and let him bluff again?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are giving this guy 2 much credit. Guys like this bluff a lot here, AND they turn hands like 33-TT/Jx into bluffs all the time. They THINK they're betting for value.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that he's thinking about your calling range when he raises one pair for value on this flop.