Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Limping UTG!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506950)

barabe 09-22-2007 03:22 PM

Limping UTG!!!

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.95
BB: $10.05
Hero (UTG): $10.15
MP: $9.90
CO: $10.20
BTN: $1.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
Hero calls $0.10, 4 folds, BB checks

Well, I have heard that limping UTG is a horrible move... But what do I do with hands like this? Just fold? I can't raise it OOP. What about Axs? Mid and Low SC???

hustler4life 09-22-2007 03:26 PM

Re: Limping UTG!!!

I would fold fold all of those hands utg. Its likley you'll have to play the hand oop and there are still 5 players left to act, any of whom could raise. None of those hands are really the type of hand you want to call a raise with.

salesbeast 09-22-2007 03:29 PM

6 handed=RAISE it up or if you decide to limp like this hand play agro after flop or be prepared to fold it and move on.

Parvex 09-22-2007 03:30 PM

Openlimping in 6Max is in generally not that good, because other than in full ring games it might just create a pot of 2.5 to 3.5 BB, which makes it hard to extract a good portion of value, while an Openlimp on a Full Ring Table can easily create a pot of 4 up to 5.5 or even more BB. Way better to get paid off if you hit.
Also raising gives you a chance to win the Blinds right away. You can't accomplish this by raising.

First In in 6Max Games you basically have to decide if your hand is worth playing for a raise or not. If it's not, dump it. If it is: Raise it up.

salesbeast 09-22-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold fold all of those hands utg. Its likley you'll have to play the hand oop and there are still 5 players left to act, any of whom could raise. None of those hands are really the type of hand you want to call a raise with.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you will go broke playing NLHE...you have to play some hands like this to win.

barabe 09-22-2007 03:35 PM

I have conflicting answers here.... I like the one that says raise it or fold it... Can I get more opinion from soemoen who can give ma straight answer???

salesbeast 09-22-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have conflicting answers here.... I like the one that says raise it or fold it... Can I get more opinion from soemoen who can give ma straight answer???

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave you a good opinion...play agro post flop even 3-4 bet a pot.

Gelford 09-22-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight answer is that you can raise hands like the ones you mention UTG in a 6max game ... some do it all the time and some prefer not to

barabe 09-22-2007 03:47 PM

thanks.. im gonna mix up my play here by going half half then.

ssnyc 09-22-2007 03:48 PM

Q 10 suited 6 handed falls into my UTG raise portfolio...standard 3X just like AA or AK or 99