Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ played strange the whole way. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400120)

sMethod 05-10-2007 05:39 PM

JJ played strange the whole way.

SB: $86.60
BB: $227.15
UTG: $205.80
MP: $70.90
CO: $194.00
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $228.05</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $8.00, SB calls $7.00, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($26) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $18.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($62) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($62) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red"> </font> Hero bets $30.00.

I know I know Reraise preflop, but this hand was vs evgis a winning regular at this level and I was trying to mix it up alittle and try something alittle different instead of taking the standard line which he always plays correrctly against.

I had him on AK after he checked and then I threw that hand out of his range as soon as he called my flop bet for some reason. Then after checking the turn im still suspisious about AK so I check behind (probably my biggest mistake of the hand) and after he checks the river Im thinking 1010 or QQ so now I bet trying to get value from 1010 and get QQ to muck.
It seems like I just played this hand retarded and my thinking sucks what do you guys put him on, and is my river bet brillant or donkish.

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 05:45 PM

Re: JJ played strange the whole way.

i think your river bet is very very thin.

I probably bet fold turn and check behind most rivers.

luckybacon 05-10-2007 06:04 PM

that is just crazy to think 1010 to call and qq to fold.

sMethod 05-10-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I completely but what do you put him on?

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol I completely but what do you put him on?

[/ QUOTE ]

he could have 87 or 56 but it's close or 67 but probably not 9x.

acidca 05-10-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your river bet is very very thin.

I probably bet fold turn and check behind most rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

sMethod 05-10-2007 06:17 PM

If those were in his UTG raising range I would not have called.

dirtytricks 05-10-2007 06:31 PM

I like betting the turn better, but if u check I like the river bet. Its thin, but it seems like he has decided to look u up since he is not betting the turn himself.

He could call with something as weak as AQ, a small pair with a suited connector.

1010-AA will probably bet the flop, AK would bet turn or river. He doesnt have much here, thats for sure!

Your bet looks bluffy, I like it if do make 2 barrels.

dirtytricks 05-10-2007 06:32 PM

What did he have?

sMethod 05-10-2007 06:41 PM

He had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls my river bet and takes it down...

I guess its too thin even with just 1 over!
Checking behind just seems so blah especially after he checked twice I guess I need to factor in the PRO on PRO syndrome of playing tricky tight and passive vs eachother.