Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Official Big Lebowski Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511642)

Riverman 09-28-2007 11:47 PM

Official Big Lebowski Thread

Is this movie as good as I think it is? Is there any reason for me not to think this is one of the best movies of my generation?

frotteur 09-28-2007 11:53 PM

Re: Official Big Lebowski Thread

'tis a very good movie imo

Blarg 09-28-2007 11:54 PM

Wasn't thrilled with it.

tuq 09-29-2007 12:39 AM

This movie rocks so hard. It's a classic "gets better the second and thousandth time" kind of flick like Napoleon Dynamite. Tons of rewatchability (sic).

This film was the follow-up to Fargo so I was expecting big things, but was fairly disappointed when I saw it in the theater. But having seen it eleventy million times since (I bought the DVD, lost or loaned it to someone and recently bought it again) it doesn't seem to get old. The over-the-top characters from The Dude to Bunny to Walter to Jesus to "the Nazis" help make it great. Probably in my top ten favorite flicks, or very close.

Triumph36 09-29-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't thrilled with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither was I. Try watching it again. And again and again - this movie is fantastic. The script is almost perfect.

rothko 09-29-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this movie as good as I think it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no it's not . . . it's much much better than that.

tarheeljks 09-29-2007 01:06 AM

yeah, the "rewatchability" is what makes this movie so great. i've never been able to watch most movies more than once, but i love watching this one over and over.

shane88888 09-29-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't thrilled with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't watch, or else you have to pay a hundred.

jackflashdrive 09-29-2007 04:02 AM

I recently left Los Angeles, because my wife and I split. I left behind the following: Every DVD I owned except one, all furniture, two cats, 40inch flat panel television with XBOX360 and games, friends, and a million other things I haven't mentioned.

I took TBL out of the case, put it in my laptop DVD drive, and it came with me.

Brilliant movie and I think it takes 10 viewings or so before one really begins to appreciate the greatness.

Blarg 09-29-2007 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't thrilled with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither was I. Try watching it again. And again and again - this movie is fantastic. The script is almost perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be. I didn't like Napoleon Dynamite too much the first time, but now I like it quite a bit.