Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK vs fish, ~190bb deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519664)

tubasteve 10-10-2007 04:34 AM

KK vs fish, ~190bb deep

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $187.45
BB: $199.85
UTG: $27.80
MP: $100.90
CO: $101.25
BTN: $100

Pre-Flop: Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($7) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $28</font>

Villain is a 50/10/.84 over enough of a sample to know he's a fish. Whats my plan here? If I call, how do I play a blank turn vs a spade turn?

Speedlimits 10-10-2007 04:41 AM

Re: KK vs fish, ~190bb deep

I 3bet this flop vs this guy. A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a big part of his range.

Calling isn't good because a spade polarizes the fish's action to either AI or shutdown.

Irishman07 10-10-2007 04:43 AM

It's a little worrisome since even though he's a fish he doesn't appear aggressive. I'm still calling flop though. On a blank turn I'd c/c again and probably lead out if a spade hits. If it blanks again on river and he fires big I'd probably lean toward a fold.

crunchi 10-10-2007 04:50 AM

3betting makes the hand easier to play but i dont think its the correct answer.

I prefer a call, because we can pot the turn for mega value on blanks.
Spade turns are tough though. not really sure what to do. c/c would be is my first reaction.

ihatepokerstar 10-10-2007 05:00 AM

I would 3bet and call shove. If he just called, I'd shove on the turn blank.

fitnessfreak 10-10-2007 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting makes the hand easier to play but i dont think its the correct answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol? it isnt going to be much fun when he shoves now is it? im assuming by easy to play you mean its an easy fold if you 3bet and he shoves. but thats such a bad line, esp if he can push hands like AsT and whatever else.

flop just call and see what happens. if he fires big on the turn i would lean toward a fold given he doesnt appear to be very aggro. if turn is checked then fire almost any river.

JFsports 10-10-2007 05:10 AM

I think 3-betting would be terrible, against a guy that passive, I doubt he's doing this with a bare flush draw. 3-betting swells a pot where you're OOP and with a tricky hand. It also lets him release some hands you beat while ensuring you manage to lose the max when you're behind.

As for 3-betting and calling a shove, you might have outs, but you will definitely be behind and stone dead most of the time if an ultra-passive guy suddenly 4-bets all in on a monotone flop for 190 BBs.

I actually think folding would be better than 3-betting, but anyway just call, and check the turn, probably folding to a substantial bet.

tubasteve 10-10-2007 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3bet and call shove. If he just called, I'd
shove on the turn blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

if we 3-bet and villain shoves i'm going to be pretty inclined to fold, although given the stacks i guess i would have odds

crunchi 10-10-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol? it isnt going to be much fun when he shoves now is it? im assuming by easy to play you mean its an easy fold if you 3bet and he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I meant call a shove. We still have around 35% equity against his shoving range.

JFsports 10-10-2007 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol? it isnt going to be much fun when he shoves now is it? im assuming by easy to play you mean its an easy fold if you 3bet and he shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I meant call a shove. We still have around 35% equity against his shoving range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think his shoving range is?