Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   $5-$10 Live- Flopped set on monotone board with maniac (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406863)

renodoc 05-19-2007 03:58 AM

$5-$10 Live- Flopped set on monotone board with maniac

I don't post here often so please move this if inappropriate.

This is a live Vegas game. The villain is apparently a well-known local player. I played with him the night before this hand and he plays the same. He raises every single pot-- his VPIP is between 97-99%. And he raises the $10 blind to anywhere from $70 to $110 to $200. He also covers the entire table with over $10K in cash.

Knowing this, I tried to exploit it. The one time he failed me I limped with AK and he didn't raise (this was the only hand I can remember where he didn't) and I faced six limpers to a flop, caught an ace, and cursed both of us for not getting more money in pre-flop.

Villain has run some big bluffs, and has been called down several times, losing some pots containing several thousand dollars. He recently moved to my immediate left, which basically meant I would only play hands that I wanted to play for a raise. This disguised my hands well. I believe he thinks I'm "solid" and "don't get out of line." He commented on my play of the night before and was complimentary.

OK- Hero bought in for $3K and now has $5K stack. Villain covers and doesn't care about money. Villain's range is any two cards.

Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the cutoff.
One limper to hero in the CO and hero limps.
Villain, as expected, makes it $200.
Folded to Hero who calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $200
Villain calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets $500
Villain raises to $1100

OK, I'll stop there. Comments appreciated. If hero calls the turn, what should the action be on the river if it bricks?

jeffraider 05-19-2007 04:16 AM

Re: $5-$10 Live- Flopped set on monotone board with maniac

Call turn, bet $3333 and fold to a raise.

mwalsh2020 05-19-2007 04:54 AM

is this at the wynn, cesears or venetian?

i honestly like calling and checking the river no matter what comes... sounds like the player that will make a move with any two, you obviously c/r the river if the board pairs and may even want to consider it if it doesn't. Also, can you explain not lrr pre?

FBP 05-19-2007 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i honestly like calling and checking the river no matter what comes... sounds like the player that will make a move with any two, you obviously c/r the river if the board pairs and may even want to consider it if it doesn't. Also, can you explain not lrr pre?

[/ QUOTE ]

Setmining obviously...

renodoc 05-19-2007 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

venetian.

any two and every two.

The Dingo 05-19-2007 12:49 PM

I may 3 bet turn here, say reraise him to $3300 if your read is he is setting up a rvr bluff....If this is one of the guys I am thinking of then this move will work...He may have a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Xx here and his raise is a semi-bluff...

Calling the turn and pushing the rvr on this read are also OK...

(Was this dude the crazy Russian guy or East Indian crazy)

Praetor 05-19-2007 12:56 PM

i hate preflop play

RiverHebrew2 05-19-2007 01:21 PM

I'd say he probably ikes his hand, so I'd reraise to like $2900 and try to get it in ASAP, since ridic drawy board and many rivers r tough to play. Also, if he has two pair, he will stick the $ in now if you were to raise, but maybe not on a river broadway card or spade. BTW, I'd reraise preflop vs this spewmonkey, since you guys r SOO deep it can be hard to get lots of money in with KK postflop if you dont reraise.

The Dingo 05-19-2007 01:21 PM

I would normally agree BUT Villain is VLAG and has been paying off and bluffing a lot. Our HERO here is obviously looking for a big pay off against Villain and this smooth call pf disguises his hand perfectly......just FU that we got a single suited flop with our set........

wdead 05-19-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bought in for $3K and now has $5K stack. Villain covers and doesn't care about money. Villain's range is any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

reraise pre?