Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***yankees official offseason thread***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519047)

Sickboy 11-11-2007 05:06 PM

Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Yankees would have some really bad defense.

lol @ Melky for Tejada. Melky >>> Tejada.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the yankees salary is not really an issue... Tejada +FA CF is much better than melky and betemit

They have a HUGE whole at 3b and plenty of money to spend... just because Melky is worth more per dollar and is younger shouldn't really effect the yankees that much...I'm for keeping top prospects like Joba and Hughes cano and kennedy (exception miguel "the beast" cabrera for the last two) but lets not go over board

[/ QUOTE ]

Kennedy + Cano >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>> Cabrera

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 05:11 PM

Sickboy,
that wasn't the poin of my post... my post was about tejada +FA CF>>>>>>>for the yankees due to their financial situation...stop trolling

Sickboy 11-11-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sickboy,
that wasn't the poin of my post... my post was about tejada +FA CF>>>>>>>for the yankees due to their financial situation...stop trolling

[/ QUOTE ]

ya just felt like reminding you that your a idiot if u would trade Cano + Kennedy for Cabrera.

We dont have to give up our starting CF to get Tejada so we shouldnt

jtg51 11-11-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sickboy,

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think Tejada will be any good next year? His SLG and OPS+ have declined three straight years and he's never played third base.

Even if he was free I'm not convinced he'd be a good option. Factor in what they'd have to give up to get Tejada and I'd rather have an Ensberg/Betemit platoon.

onlinebeginner 11-11-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sickboy,

[/ QUOTE ]

ya just felt like reminding you that your a idiot if u would trade Cano + Kennedy for Cabrera.

We dont have to give up our starting CF to get Tejada so we shouldnt

[/ QUOTE ]
According to vyse they want a MLB ready outfielder, I was reffering to that post... and saying ya i just felt like reminding you when that's all you wrote in a post is admitting to trolling, so chill

Karak567 11-12-2007 11:53 PM

Posada signed... 4-years 52 million. holy [censored]

kyleb 11-12-2007 11:56 PM

is that supposed to be a bad deal? it's pretty [censored] hard to come across league-average catchers.

Karak567 11-12-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is that supposed to be a bad deal? it's pretty [censored] hard to come across league-average catchers.

[/ QUOTE ]

im excited about having posada back!

4 years is a long time but, as you said, if he can be league average in 4 years then ship it

Matt Williams 11-12-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years is a long time but, as you said, if he can be league average in 4 years then ship it

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years in that lineup? Hopefully it pushes him toward the HOF.

Thremp 11-12-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4 years in that lineup? Hopefully it pushes him toward the HOF.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already there.