Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   The Longest Paper you've written in the shortest amount of time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=263466)

schundler 11-18-2006 10:19 PM

The Longest Paper you\'ve written in the shortest amount of time

What's the most you've written in your college career in a one-day or two-day period? Ten pages? Twenty pages? Five essays?

stories appreciated

theben 11-18-2006 10:30 PM

Re: The Longest Paper you\'ve written in the shortest amount of time

although i did research, number crunching, planning, etc, in advance, I did not start writing the paper until 3-4 days before the due date. the report ended up being about 40 pages long. (facilities design class)

XxGodJrxX 11-18-2006 11:19 PM

15 pages. Around 3 hours. Got an A.

thedustbustr 11-18-2006 11:21 PM

one or two day period? weak.

over the two day period starting this morning and ending monday morning, i have to have written a 15 page lab report (hardcore nonbullshitable engineering, but diagrams take up a third of the space) (haven't started), a 10 page engineering design document for a hypothetical project which I have to give an oral presentation on monday afternoon (havent started), read a [censored] for an operating systems test (have not been to class since last test and missed a pop quiz so i need to do well), as well as write Blackjack in java for algs III (have started the GUI but have virtually zero java experience so its slow).

i can and have pulled 6 pages an hour for a bullshitable humanities course without having done the reading. papers should be measured in hours, not days.

edit: all the while maintaining a 3.9 gpa.

thedustbustr 11-18-2006 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
that's more like it.

schundler 11-18-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 15 pages to write, although I also have to do a little reading while/before I'm writing, and split between two essays (10 pager and 5er). I"m starting now, o/u on when I'll finish both of them? Be happy to take like a $10 prop bet to motivate myself, anyone interested?

schundler 11-19-2006 12:08 AM

anyone...?

thedustbustr 11-19-2006 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 15 pages to write, although I also have to do a little reading while/before I'm writing, and split between two essays (10 pager and 5er). I"m starting now, o/u on when I'll finish both of them? Be happy to take like a $10 prop bet to motivate myself, anyone interested?

[/ QUOTE ]
set the line. i will chose a side for $10 stars money in the next 20 minutes if you respond before i go out.

Reef 11-19-2006 12:33 AM

500 words + 13 page reading for the paper at same time, 20 mins. Got an A.

schundler 11-19-2006 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
set the line. i will chose a side for $10 stars money in the next 20 minutes if you respond before i go out.

[/ QUOTE ]

k, how about by 5 pm tomorrow for both of them?

keep in mind
-neither is easily bs-able. require knowledge of subject/books, and I still have to read/review 100+ pages of reading for parts of the paper
-i don't plan on rushing like a maniac bc I want them to be good, but I do want to finish asap so I can do other stuff

stars $ is cool