Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

Nez477 03-26-2007 02:37 PM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
traz,

please explain to me what you see wolfy in fnord

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Chim. Seriously, Chim isn't good enough to come back to your accusation with the post he did as a wolf IMO.

And btw, my reads are getting a lot better, so don't just push them aside. My noob status may be close to being a thing of the past.

I still am waiting to find a good vote candidate today, but I can Unvote for the time being.

durron597 03-26-2007 02:37 PM

by the way i retract my previous shortline is a villager read to meh land.

dmk 03-26-2007 02:37 PM

GT1T, my vote is on Durron but its not showing up in the count (Needs to be Durron597 I'm guessing)

traz 03-26-2007 02:38 PM

chim turning around and somehow being sure i'm a wolf is even more reassuring that I'm right

fnord_too 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shorty I fail to see how type 1 or 2 errors and their severity in economics applies to werewolf. Why is it so bad to call a wolf a villager?

[/ QUOTE ]

First: type 1 and type 2 errors are not (AT ALL) specific to econometrics. Think of it this way: A type one error is the worst type of error from your perspective (false positive or flase negative) and a type two is the other one. So a type one error for a tabaco company would be saying cigarettes lead to a higher incident of lung cancer when they in fact don't, and a type two error for a tabaco company would be saying they don't when they do. (This is exactly the opposite way a consumer or insurance company would define the errors, and it is possible for the same data to support both conclusions depending on how you establish your errors, because you can only bound one type of error tightly in an experiment, but I digress.)

What shorty is saying is clearing a wolf is far worse because lynching a villager does not lose the game for you but not lynching a wolf does.

Sorry for the brief lesson, wiki or google experiment plan or type I error for a complete discourse on the subject.

Nez477 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are one bizarre person durron

[/ QUOTE ]

so neil's list has, in my opinion, 1 wolf and 6 villagers and i think it's an awful list and that makes me bizarre?

by the way, last few games you insulted me like this you were a wolf. fyi for those paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

To further point this out, Neil already has a wolf list with 7 people on it day 1.

Doesn't anyone find this odd???

durron597 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You are hardly an easy target.

[/ QUOTE ]

lies, somehow I'm a super easy target, as can be seen by today.

My opinions have become fair justification for lynching me lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?

How often do Traz wagons go crazy on the first day? No one suggests you early because you are "always wolfy". There are a number of targets that are easy outs, you are not one of them.

My vote stays on Traz.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is as villagery as the other one was wolfy.

traz

chim17 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chim turning around and somehow being sure i'm a wolf is even more reassuring that I'm right

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you remember a time you were right on me? Or better yet a time you ever felt I was a villager? I am always wolf or on the "meh" list for you.

Your response to being an easy target is ludicrous, imo.

shortline99 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

okay, we're going chim today

traz 03-26-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you are one bizarre person durron

[/ QUOTE ]

so neil's list has, in my opinion, 1 wolf and 6 villagers and i think it's an awful list and that makes me bizarre?

by the way, last few games you insulted me like this you were a wolf. fyi for those paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you bizarre is your conclusion that me and chim are both wolves. That's pretty funny.

Also, like I said, people remember what's most recent. You're forgetting all the times I insult you as a villager. For the same reasons...you're terrible on day 1, but you act like you're not. At least most people recognize that they're terrible