Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=521873)

SuperUberBob 10-13-2007 12:05 AM

Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

The rumors were going around State College a week before it was formally announced.

A friend of mine made a good point. Austin Scott sucks. So him being kicked off of the team might be the best thing to ever happen to the football team. If Scott is guilty, hope he hits the slammer.

Rodney Kinlaw ftw.

kyro 10-13-2007 12:14 AM

Re: Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

[ QUOTE ]
The rumors were going around State College a week before it was formally announced.

A friend of mine made a good point. Austin Scott sucks. So him being kicked off of the team might be the best thing to ever happen to the football team. If Scott is guilty, hope he hits the slammer.

Rodney Kinlaw ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this isn't shocking at all. I mean, I don't know the guy obviously, but this isn't exactly his first brush with the law.

TheNoodleMan 10-13-2007 12:46 AM

Bob,
Your avatar is busto

holeplug 10-13-2007 02:42 AM

Sad that both him and Morelli were huge recruits for PSU and they both ended up sucking bad

Dudd 10-13-2007 03:23 AM

Come on, a cute girl knocks on your door, what are you supposed to do?

HajiShirazu 10-13-2007 03:53 AM

This is like the Kobe case to me until I hear more details i.e. it makes no sense that this guy would have to rape somebody in State College so I am less inclined to believe he is guilty. On the other hand maybe the girl is just trying to do what's best for the team.

NT! 10-13-2007 04:36 AM

wow, gives taking one for the team a whole new meaning

PokerFink 10-13-2007 05:03 AM

Austin lived in the same dorm as several of my best friends freshman year. I was told that he was having some trouble in one of his classes, so a female classmate offered to help him out, tutor him, and do some of his work if necessary. In return, what was his payment to her? He had to sleep with her.

I mean, football players at PSU have groupies. I lived next to some of them my senior year. I really doubt that this guy needs to rape a girl to get some.

This, like most sexual assault charges against athletes, is probably bunk.

Pinchot 10-13-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Austin lived in the same dorm as several of my best friends freshman year. I was told that he was having some trouble in one of his classes, so a female classmate offered to help him out, tutor him, and do some of his work if necessary. In return, what was his payment to her? He had to sleep with her.

I mean, football players at PSU have groupies. I lived next to some of them my senior year. I really doubt that this guy needs to rape a girl to get some.

This, like most sexual assault charges against athletes, is probably bunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading in between the lines on the PSU message boards it doesn't sound good at all for Scott. Many with ties to the program have alluded to the situation being pretty grim, although they haven't come out and specifically stated what they heard about the incident (for good reason).

It's been a rough week for the program. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Pinchot 10-13-2007 09:03 AM

Here's an article from the Allentown Morning Call (near Scott's hometown) on the incident. Really doesn't sound good for Scott at all.

Scott charged with rape